XXXIX. Moving On

XXXIX. Moving On

THIRD PERSON'S POV

For the third time in a row, the door rattled. She cursed, hoping those fools who decided to knock on her door late at night knew what kind of wrath they were going to receive. If she hadn't disliked humans so much, she would have opened the door and gave them a piece of her mind. Which was why she resorted to shouting back as a form of retaliation, lessening her anger through the door which concealed the identities of those bastards.

"I don't know how many times I have to say this, but I hate humans! Stop knocking and go home!" Polyshuka yells, annoyed at the constant knocking at her door. She had decided to stay deep within the woods for a reason. And one of which, is the reduced human contact, and basically seeing anyone knocking at her door, especially at night was just uncalled for. "Go home already, you brat! People need to rest at night!"

"Polyshuka-san, please! We need your help!" She heard a male voice pant out from outside as the incessant knocking stopped. "Please help her!"

Sighing, she could already tell who was outside. After all, that notorious guild always came to her for healing beyond their help. Quickly, she swung open her door to reveal three mages. Two she remembered as old guild members, holding an unconscious girl wrapped in a red jacket. Polyshuka took a double take at the girl, whose breathing had been so shallow she thought they had brought a cadaver over. She widened the entrance and headed over to her herbs, for blood was trickling down the girl's body.

"Well what are you both waiting for?" She snaps, realising both boys were still standing outside. Dislike aside, she was a healer. If they came to her with this girl in critical condition, she couldn't just turn a blind eye and tell them to scram. "Bring her in and explain her condition to me."

"She was stabbed by the Hunter's Dagger, a weapon made out of Black Magic." Freed explains as he pulls his jacket off Rin to reveal the haphazardly tied bandage, which was seeping blood. "It has been said that those who were stabbed would just die, but she miraculously survived after forming a blood bond with the one who owns the Hunter's Dagger. It's never happened before and even Healing Magic doesn't seem to take effect since it's Black Magic."

Polyshuka nodded as she prepared her concoction. "I can help stabilise her condition, but recovery would have to depend on no one but her. I'll have to do some in-depth research, for Black Magic is not one that comes with antidotes or definite cures. Now leave."

"What?" Gray exclaims, raising his voice at Polyshuka. Usually, she would have snapped at whoever had incited her wrath, but she could tell that he was worried about his comrade. Who wouldn't be, should they end up in Gray's shoes? "So that's it? We can't leave her like this. When will she wake up? Is she going to be alright? Give us some sort of diagnosis, damn it!"

"Yes you can." Polyshuka bit back, narrowing her eyes at both boys who obviously wanted to stay and ensure that their comrade was going to be alive and well. She took her broom, whacking Gray and Freed as she pushed them out of her cottage. She still hated the stench of humans no matter how much she empathised them. "Don't you know the stench of worried faces is the last thing that could help a sick person? You'll just burden me when you visit or stay! If she lives, she lives. If death is to claim her now, we will have to accept it. So get out! I'll send word to Makarov once she wakes up. That is, if she doesn't die."

Begrudgingly, both boys left as Polyshuka shut the door with a loud, satisfying slam. She tossed her broom to the side, cutting open the injured girl's dress to get better access to her wounds. Most of the wounds were superficial, regular cuts, bruises and burns one expected to get working as a mage. The puncture wound on her stomach...now that was another story altogether.