Special I. The Encounter With Laxus And The Rajinshuu!

RIN'S POV

A few slices of ham, a fully de-feathered chicken taken from the butcher and two fish I caught from the stream. Today's catch of protein seemed rather promising since I hadn't eaten much meat when one of the townspeople contracted salmonella. Though it did not seem to come from all the meat sold by the butcher, I've seen him use the exact same cleaver for all meats. Considering my penniless state, it was better to be safe than sorry. Sometimes I wonder if the townspeople should just leave poisoned food around so I would steal that and end their crime problems. It worked with rats after all, as I had seen many who had done so in Bluebell.

I used fresh water from the stream and covered the meat completely before freezing it. I was feeling grilled fish tonight, since the catfish looked extremely appealing. After that, I resumed with my daily practice of the two Secret Dragon Slaying Arts. Due to that particular activity of mine, there seemed to have been a small territory established within the vicinity of Aquaria's Crystal Caves, which I heard many of the villagers call it the Frozen Forest. I didn't mind it, since I quite liked the title and how they marvel at the cobalt sheen from a distance rather than to come and uncover the hideout of the criminal that was running wild in their town for so many years.

I skipped towards the one clearing I've always marked out for my practice, and I sat down with my legs crossed. I closed my eyes and felt the water vapour in the air. Aquaria had always taught me to be one with the element of water, and to maximise the effect of my powers, I had to sense, as well as utilise the power of nature too. I also sniffed the air, hoping that I wouldn't freeze any passer-by or woodland creatures. The poor little things didn't need to suffer the power of a Dragon. I stood up and raised my hands.

The Divine Crystal Blizzard was one of the most deadliest powers of the Water Dragon, but it was merely focused on a smaller area compared to Ice Shard Storm. When Divine Crystal Blizzard was used on a moving object, strong winds with sharp icy water vapour would attack the object. When the sharp ice crystals touched the object, it would manifest, like how a jellyfish's sting works. The pain multiplies. Until it reaches a mind-numbing stage whereby the ice incasing the object would be sharp, inside out. It would hurt to move, and the ice on the outside too sharp and strong for anyone to dare penetrate.

"Diamond Tundra!" I yell, feeling the familiar drop in temperature. When the strong winds start to blow, the temperature would drop below negative. "Divine Crystal-"

And then I ceased my actions, encasing myself in Dragon Ice. Someone was within the Frozen Forest.

"I told you, Laxus! There's someone here and you can feel her magic power!" A woman's voice echoes around the silent forest. "Come on, Bickslow you surely sensed something!"

"Calm down, Ever." A male's voice chuckles, and I immediately assume he must be Bickslow. "There's only one person in this vicinity, and most likely the only one who made the forest like this."

Ever, the woman, huffs indignantly.

What was going on? Power radiated from the four mages, which I could sense behind the thick ice. I couldn't smell or identify them since they were too far, but the pin-drop silence that surrounded us let me eavesdrop on their conversation much more easily.

Damn, was the old fool leading Malvacea finally placing a bounty over my head? I'd say it was about time if I were as strong as Aquaria, but now I was just terrified. Did he want me killed or jailed? I had narrowly escaped all the attempts I've had in my life, and I was petrified. For all I knew this could be my last day.

"There she is!" I heard Ever shout as she points a gloved hand at me. She had a green dress and dark thigh-high socks, which confirmed that it was her voice. I didn't move a muscle, but it wasn't easy when my breath kept fogging the already unclear vision before me.