XXIII. Anima

XXIII. Anima

RIN'S POV

One moment, I was sitting in the guild hall, laughing at the antics of both Natsu and Gray. Natsu had fallen asleep, and Gray had taken it upon himself to give Natsu's face a well-deserved makeover with a black permanent marker. When Natsu woke up, all hell broke loose and the guild's beer hall turned into a battlefield, dragging in unsuspecting guild members into the scuffle. Everyone had been laughing at them both, who never seemed to have changed from their younger days.

At that moment, everything was still alright, normal even. As if nothing could change, and no one would have anticipated what was coming next. Or so I had thought initially. Erza had told both Bisca and Alzack to treasure the time and memories they had. I had found it a little odd of Erza to say that when all of a sudden because she was right about it.

The next moment, everything vanished into nothingness. The once cobbled floor that made up Magnolia's pathways was nothing but white sand. Buildings, including Fairy Tail and Kardia Catherdral were all gone. Clouds floated around at ground level almost like mist. Magnolia became a barren white land, and the sky looked suspiciously like an Anima was centred directly above Magnolia. The atmosphere, the feeling of magic being sucked up was almost identical to that very Anima that took Pextalius and I so many years ago.

Could it be?!

I glance at both my hands, and then my legs. No, I wasn't glowing like I did the last time I saw an Anima portal roughly six years ago. Something didn't really sit well this time. I was positive that this Anima had sucked up the guild as well as the rest of Magnolia. But how could I enter the Anima to save the guild was another mystery altogether. Am I supposed to just fly in? Even so, how could I even guarantee what laid beyond the portal?

If this was really another Anima portal, I thought I'd never find anything that could bring me back to Edolas, or anything that would remind me of Edolas, with the exception of Gajeel and the Exceeds. Why was there an Anima in the sky? But if that truly was an Anima portal...did that mean that the whole of Magnolia was swallowed up by the Anima portal?! Was this the true might of an Anima portal at its maximum, or was it something else entirely?

"Hey, you're from Fairy Tail right?"

I turned to see the exact replica of Jellal, though he smelled a little different. He stood tall with a dark blue cloak and his arms and legs covered in bandages. Magic staves were attached to his back, his face looking at me with disbelief. I was likely to have sported the exact same expression. Jellal was in jail, and this Jellal had no telepathic link. He couldn't be the same Jellal, who had established the sibling telepathy with me. If this was my brother, I would have recognised the telepathic bond we shared the moment he stepped into Magnolia. In fact, this Jellal didn't even have magic coming from his body, all the magic that radiated from him came only from the staves. Who was this exactly?

"Rinalia? No, it can't be! You're too young to be her." Jellal says, examining me from head to toe, not caring if I was following him or not. For a while, he seemed to be in his own bubble. "You look quite healthy too. Are you Earthland's Rinalia?"

"I am." I whispered. This must be Edolas' Prince Jellal, the one who had left the country around the time I had arrived in Edolas unexpectedly. I just didn't expect him to be here, neither did I expect him to be so close to Jellal in terms of both age and looks. I had much more to learn about the counterparts, and simply assuming not all counterparts were identical was a big mistake on my part. I had to be more receptive to such instances, and even more so after learning about the alternate universe of Edolas and Extalia so long ago. "I'm Rin, the younger sister of Earthland's Jellal. You're from Edolas, aren't you?"