XIII. Sky Sorceress And Water Slayer

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Rin groaned at the uncomfortable position she had woken up in. When she had tried to rub her eyes, she realised her hands were chained at the back. Quickly, she nudged Wendy awake.

"We've been caught." She told the younger girl bluntly, before a guilty look washed across her face. "I'm sorry, I really thought I could protect you from them."

"You did your best, Rin-san." Wendy murmured, trying to use her magic to break free from the chains, but to no avail. Rin had tried as well, but their magic was simply not working. "We have to focus on getting out now."

"Come here, Wendy." Rin called to Wendy when she saw the look of fear. They were in unknown territory, caught by people they do not know, or the motives of capturing them both.

Wendy edged closer towards Rin, leaning on the older girl. That was when a pair of white wings emerged from Rin's back and wrapped around both of them snugly. The wings could not offer the two girls any form of protection, giving them little but much needed comfort.

"Fairy Tail...they will come for us right?" There was a hint of uncertainty in Wendy's voice as she shivered in fear of not knowing what had happened and why she was kidnapped in the first place.

"Of course they will. They're our comrades." Rin tried to reply as confidently as possible, but she knew she sounded far from it. Aside from Carla, they were both the newest members of the guild. All the people they had met were all amazing and fiercely loyal to the guild. But could that loyalty be so quickly established between the two new girls and the present guild members?

"Besides," Rin continued, giving Wendy a weak smile. "Carla isn't here, which means she's safe. She won't let the matter rest. She's your Exceed after all."

"Exceed?" Wendy echoed, and Rin sucked in a deep breath. She had completely forgot that none of them were aware of the cats being known as a species known as Exceeds, or where they had truly originated from. Right then she recalled how Queen Chagot had sent the Exceeds to Earthland to kill Dragon Slayers. What a coincidence that two of them had found companionship with Dragon Slayers as she had with Pextalius.

"I'm sorry, I meant to say companion."

Just then, the cell door swung open. In her state of surprise, Rin quickly hid Pex's wings, both girls shivering a little at the sudden loss of warmth.

A woman walked in with a smile on her face, her blood red lips a stark contrast to her fair complexion. She wore a plain, medieval-style maroon dress that had long, loose sleeves and a slit that started from her mid-thigh. The only armour she had was a silver breastplate which had gold carvings of letters in a foreign language. A small, sheathed dagger hung by her waist by a thin silver chain, alongside a few silver keys. Her black stilettos clicked loudly as she advanced towards the two mages, a cruel smirk slowly morphing upon her beautiful face.

She knelt down in front of the two girls, her long tipped black nails beneath Rin's lowered head.

"I know you're going to protect the young girl," She glances towards Wendy, who looked away. "but we both know she's the one we're looking for. There's no other reason why you would be so protective of her, yes?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Rin managed to choke out despite the intensifying fear growing within. With the inability to use magic, both she and Wendy would not last against the woman before them. Not to forget that their hands were bound behind their backs by chains. Everything about their current predicament seemed like the end. Would they ever find salvation?