Annoyance

Every summer, I visit Radiator Springs.

I came into town about a week earlier, and I sat down as Flo gave me a Coke.

"Thanks, I still hope I can work over here as a summer job this season Aunt Flo."

My relaxed grin stretches across my face as I leaned back into the chairs outside we had set up awhile ago. The excited rumbles of Ramone's voice ramble on about several tattoo designs he's come up with. I chuckled, enjoying the small joys of the diner.
And yet, from the corner of my eye I see a car randomly pass by, maybe, no; probably a race car at that.

"Oh god!" I almost spill my drink, then relax after I see the sheriff going after him.

After most of the commotion, he's hung from the telephone pole wires inside his car. I suppose he's more masculine from his voice after he pleaded the sheriff to let him go, not like he'll get any mercy. I chuckle.

My curious eyes can't help but look around the town. Sad faces, wrecked flowers,
"Aw poor red." I look over to his flowers in pity.
and most of all, a ruined road. I could probably pick up loose chunks of it with my hands if I wished to do so.

Some shit is going to go down, that's for sure.
"Hey Sally, hearing is tomorrow right?"
I knew she didn't take damage to our city well, of anything she's the most prideful about our little town. So, I already knew what was about to happen.

"Yep." She cooly glares at the ignorant driver.

As it turns out he's passed out, and led to the cell he is to be kept for the night.

Well you could call it a cell, it's more of a closed wire fence around a junkyard with a flimsy bed.

I pause to think.

Is it even legal to have him stay overnight in those conditions, let alone hygenic?-

Mater tows his car into the junkyard, and he falls even more asleep in the drivers seat whilst we put a yellow boot on one of the front tires.

"Hey, I'll empty the gas. See ya at the Cozy Cone Sal." I wave her off, and she nods whilst walking away.

My curiosity appears to have a hold on me, my feet patter over to the man of the hour.
I get a closer look at the guy, he's knocked asleep, or knocked out, I can't tell.

He has blonde hair, and it's slicked back with a few strands framing his sharp face.
His cheekbones are sharp and defined, and there's a crease of stress in the middle of his eyebrows. His racing suit... Rust-eze? Must be his sponsor.

He seems very handsome, even asleep but- how reckless is this guy? He could've seriously hurt many people of Radiator Springs.

I leave him alone, and empty his gas to about a quarter of a tank, readying for what is to come tomorrow.

"Good luck." I whisper to him, my voice the only thing I hear.

It's quiet, no sound to be heard.

The fence closes, and shuts.

Goodnight, mystery man.