The Start of a New Time

The next day as I walk up to the courtroom, I fix my hair one last time in the window.

"It's nice to be away from LA."

I turn around to see my grandfather behind me.

"It's great to see you again." He smiles slightly, and I pat his shoulder.

My eyes can't help but find his with a smile, "I'm glad you're doing ok. I missed you." I slightly grimace at the thought of him not being ok.

He's quiet for a bit, voice heaving and lips pursed in what I believe will become annoyance, in the next few minutes.
"Well, let's get this show on the road." Grandpa sighs, shoulders slightly collapsing.

I nod my head as we stride in together.

My eyes can't help but catch a great friend of mine,
"Uncle Ramone!" I run up to him and show him a design I stayed up working on.

"Couldn't sleep again?"

"Yep."

"New design?"

"Mhm."

He looks, and his face slightly brightens.

"I'm glad I taught you well."

I feel a cold look over my shoulder to the face I'm talking to.

"And I'm not too happy about it." Doc grimaces.

I guess I was somehow inspired by the new guys car, because it's a lightning bolt design. I didn't tell him that though, he was bright enough to figure that out, as we part from our hug and he notices my forearm.

"Oh? You even inked it on in office pen?" He looks over, raising an eyebrow.

"Inspiration comes and goes." I rolled my eyes, as Sally soon walks in.

"Thanks for letting me keep my car in the Cozy Cone."

"Anytime." She smiles softly, and in turn I'm about to...

Oh no, I forgot my phone.
"I've got to go grab my bag, I apologize."

I swiftly leave to Doc's house, which is where I stay because he has a spare room.
And by spare room I mean a plain air mattress, I sleep in it every time I visit. It's comfortable though.

I run back from grabbing my phone and a few other things, as I rush back, my hair being slightly more disheveled and condensation dripping down my figure. Somewhat skittish, I hastily make my way into the courtroom.

He stands there, eyes widening in surprise.

"My apologies for being late-"
My train of thought is cut off by what's happening.
He's sweet talking Sally.
Oh Ho Ho.

"Just what are you doing?"

"Oh, you must be an assistant for my attorney here, yes yes Lightning McQueen. You free tonight?" His wink and close proximity to Sally doesn't give me any good feeling.

He leans closely to my face, and his lips curve into a somewhat kind of smirk and smolder.

I can finally see his bright sapphire eyes in the light, and he's definitely way too close for comfort. I lightly shove his chest away from me.

"Oh I see ya like Chris n Miss Sally, they're both datin ya know." Mater comments.

"Wait what?-"

"Nah I'm just playin with ya." Mater finally concludes his lie.

"Mhm." I then turn to Sally.

"Get started." She nods curtly, even more determined now.

Frankly, I'm invested to see how this goes.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be the representative attorney for you all." Sally speaks proudly

Oh his face dropped to the ground when he heard that. Priceless.

Doc's voice booms across the courtroom, his authoritative tone showing.
"Ok, so when the defense doesn't have a lawyer we provide 'em with one."

After some brief discussion and nobody wanting to be his lawyer, Mater is appointed.

"Ok, so my opinion, I want this idiot 'outta here as soon as possible." Doc states, looking over everyone.

"Yes!" I hear him cheer under his breath.

But Sally disagrees.

"Your honor, I heavily disagree. I say we have him pave the road. With no road, that means no customers. Luigi, Guido, what do you sell?"

"Tires."

"And with no customers, you can't sell any tires."

"Then we're out of buisness!"

She continues this sort of pep talk to Flo, Ramone, Filmore, Mater, and others.

"It seems my mind has been changed for me. I sentence you to community service!"

"Nooo!" The racer is shocked at this, frantically moving in his handcuffs.

"I have to go to California, as soon as possible so-"

"Doc said community service."

"Hey, Chris if you keep watch over him I'll let you get as many tattoos from Ramone as you want."
Doc speaks.

As many tattoos as I want? Without him getting pissed?

Or scolding me?

"I wanna make sure he's workin so he gets it done right."

"Why me?" I sigh heavily.

"You're a good mechanic and you can withstand the summer heat. Now go."

I nod solemnly, and walk out McQueen whilst he's in handcuffs.

"Hey, I know it's a bad time to say this but you owe me $20,000 in legal fees." Mater comments.

"What?-" his face twists in confusion. 

What will become of this story?