Times of Tokyo

I drift in and out of sleep to the hotel, too tired to bother right now.

I wake up to see McQueen looking out the window, Mater muttering something incoherent to the music he's playing in his earbuds.

It's also a revelation to me-
That I slept on McQueen.

"Ah- sorry. My neck gets weird when I sleep sitting up."

"Uhm yeah, I don't mind."

He doesn't mind? What does that mean- does it mean that-
PFFT, no.

"We'll we rolled up to our hotel the minute ya woke up!" Exclaiming, Mater excitedly looks out.

Thank you again Mater for breaking the awkward tension.
Well, some of it.

"I'll never get over how nice Japan is." I look around in awe.
Mater exits the car, helping me.

"Thanks Mater." I pat him on the back.

I rush to the trunk to grab our luggage as Luigi and Guido's car pulls up behind ours. Everyone is just as amazed as I am, cultures everywhere are beautiful.

The pitter patter and chatter of feet make our way into the hotel, McQueen being checked in.

It seems the hotel is hosting the shelter for all racers, and for special access to parties in the back rooms we're given ID's.

Being the manager/crew chief in training, I'm given the lanyards.

I pass them to everyone accordingly. The crew ID's, crew chief (me), and racer-

He leans down a bit. 

"Why are you?-"

"Put it on my neck."

What felt like such a simple request felt- strange.

"I can't baby you."

"Indulge me this once, kay?"

I gulped down what felt like my spit had become acid, then sliding it on to him.

My fingers brushed the tips of his hair and neck, before I moved away by a foot.

'What the hell was that?'
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

A/N: I'm half asian half white, and it felt weird (in a way, not good or bad) to write this in a finally non white dominated setting!

Speaking of dominated (😏) do you guys want me to write a sm!t chapter in the future or no?

I was thinking about it, but I want your opinions.

Thanks!

-FandomFanatic (AKA Chris)