Adrenaline Addiction

This is racing.
Straight up, no trophies, no crowd, no distractions.

We finished a lap, and stopped.

"That. Was. Amazing." I gasp, getting out of my car.

"I like racing with you, kid." Doc smiles 

"Thanks. Same to you."
So she knows how to turn that corner. Because she's Doc's granddaughter.
And with that, we ended up doing a few more laps before getting lunch at Flo's, nothing unusual.

"Oh, sorry I have a call from work. I'll need to step out." I walk out of Flo's, before answering the call.

"Hello? We know you're working from home, but we request you come in for a conference next week. A racer from Italy, he's worked with you before.
Francesco Bernoulli? If that rings a bell."

I work as an intern for a company, but I moved up pretty quickly when they did a double take in my experience.

"Oh. He must want a new design and a new marketing plan for advertising?"

"He's a fan of your work, and wants to meet you in person. After all, you both were very close, so I'd think it wouldn't be a problem."

"Oh yes, I may be a freelancer but I know a good opportunity like this. Please, why exactly next week?"

"I'm afraid that's the only time he's available."

"Ok, I'll check out the opportunity."
After that, I hang up.

"Shit shit shit... I need closure. I know that. But, I never want to see his face again." My hands clench as I stuff my phone angrily into my pocket and pull myself together.

Walking back in, I finish eating lunch with some light conversation.

"Old Doc has good hearing. I know.
You can go out on that picnic you've wanted to do. I swear, you'll always see me again after your meeting."

"I think after this, I'll be my own boss. I already have a buisness degree to set up my own company here, and at the very least it won't hurt to stay here with you guys. Just need some closure with my current job."

"Ah ok." He nods, and we continue to finish some sandwiches for lunch.

And with that, the day continued with me going to take the rest of the day off.
Turns out, Sheriff lives for making fun of McQueen while he's working.

Meanwhile, I made grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup for myself, tossing them into a small bag I had available and moving towards the
"Racing track"
Grandpa and I use, using a blanket to rid of the cacti needles.

"Nice music and..."
with a few fairy lights I found in the garage, I relax as I eat my meal.

I whip my head around, listening as I overhear an engine revving.

"McQueen...What are you doing here?!"

"Uhh, to race, obviously."

"With that attitude you won't be able to make that corner." I lean back and take a bite of my sandwich.

"Well how do you do it?"

"Turn right to go left."

"Turn right to go left?"

"Try it."

"Well, fine genius."

He attempts, and ends up almost going into the cacti.
"Would you look at that, I went right instead of left."