Party Prep

It had been a few hours since the whole crew checked in, and tomorrow was the day of the get-together.

AKA, the day I see Bernoulli again. 

I considered my options.

A- go tour with McQueen and Mater while Luigi and Guido relax here

B- Relax and confide in Luigi and Guido

C- work on commissions I haven't accepted yet in the hopes I get more time to think

D- call Ramone and or Flo

All of them sound like absolutely amazing options, so I'll go with...

All of them, I'm an indecisive whore.

"McQueen, Mater, I'll meet up with you later. I'm gonna phone home first."

"Ok, we'll be by the strip mall across the street. Call me when you're done."

"Mmkay I'll see ya 'round madasir Chris!"

Mada-sir was a term Mater used for me ever since I came out to him. He's such a supportive...

Actually I don't even know if he's an ally or not-
And by that I mean he's not homophobic, rather homophobic without the phobic (if you know you know?-)

They rush out the door with McQueen sighing, I can tell he's slightly tired. Will he be okay?-

No, no, he'll be fine. I'm just worrying about a fellow... coworker. And friend. If you could call him that, he barely talked to me when we didn't see eachother for years.

"You only call them if you're deeply in stress or overwhelmed with great news. You don't look happy to me though."

Well, there goes me asking them. I'm kinda grateful for that though. Asking for help sucks.

I'll just text Ramome later if I can't sleep, which is a guarantee.
"You know.. about my thing with Bernoulli?"

"Oh... you used to dance around and talk about him all day." Luigi has a reminiscent look in his eyes, Guido nodding and listening.

Luigi always was the more empathizing one, Guido being the affirming and relating one.

"Yeah. And you know how we're no longer a thing?"

"...ohhhhh...."
They both draw out.

"I'm worried he'll get all personal- I'm oblivious to social crap but Bernoulli is legally blind to it."

"McQueen and Mater will be there to help you! Think about it that way, and associating with the racers will be good for you. It means more business and friends for you!"

"You know, I have been looking forward and dreading it. I mean, it's been awhile since I've been to a good party."

"...don't forget to be careful." Guido speaks up. "Gossip will go around if you act out of their norm."

"I know... I've been dreading to see Francesco though. His team has been emailing me about my rejection of his proposal, he's insistent."

"Men love what they know they cannot have. The forbidden fruit, I suppose." For once, Guido speaks more than Luigi.

"...do you think Montgomery didn't like me?"

"There was a spark that was never ignited, he's an old flame that can become ablaze!"

Guido sends a nod.

"He left because he valued his career. Your relationship wasn't developed enough for him to value that in itself. The both of you tend to wear your heart on your sleeve when together, although you don't realize it."

Wise words.

"I should move on. Fighting for the past never did any good."

"Past?- you guys flirted on the airplane and he made the move by asking you to put his lanyard on!"

"But what if-"

"Sh sh sh sh sh sh-" multiple 'shushes' silence me.

"Think on it. Evaluate your feelings, then confront them. The meeting with Bernoulli will provide you closure."

"Thank you.. both.
I think I'll go have fun with the idiots now."

"Text us during the party if you need to! Or call! We're here!" Luigi yells.

In that moment, I closed the door with my card key, staring into space for a moment.

'Do I even hold feelings? Or am I just desperate?'

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

A/N: a longer chapter for you guys! Normally I make my chapters 300-400 words, as I usually just pull what I'm writing out of nowhere-
(I improv half of this and just heavily edit it as I go) this is 707 words! (Including Authors Note)

With love, Chris