Reunion

"Does Chris still visit here?"

Five minutes later, he's shown the way to Sally and I, slightly tipsy by drink as Sally sighs.

"You guys need to get a room at the cozy cone togetherrr..." she slurs.

"O-oh-" Sally is a lightweight, but I didn't think after like 2-3 shots she'd be this drunk-

I lean back in the barstool, surprised.

"O-oh Uhm-" McQueen chuckles.

"A round of shots for us?" He leans over to ask me as he sits beside me.

"Wow you grew some manners, thanks."

"Wow- how supportive of my development-" he fake scoffs, feigning offense.

I nudge him.
"You know you're cute when you're flustered."

"I bet I could make you embarrassed-"

"Is that a challenge?" I laugh.

I poke his cheek.

"Idiot, I'm still partly sober. Just wanted to mess with you."

"I am no idiot!-"

"I left my racing jacket at home and came here in this..." I sigh. My blazer and pants are a little too thin to my liking considering the cold air conditioning.

"Alcohol is to warm to soul, let us drink!" Our drinks come as I clink in cheers with McQueen as we watch the news, small chatter.

I'm surprised we still get along in person.
I don't want to bring up the promise of him taking me to dinner in three days after the picnic,  or the time we spent at Wheel Well back when it was just us or-

"Do you really think I could go professional?"

"You're as good as me in other departments, I bet with some basic things and some other instructions you'll do just fine!"

"Thanks McQueen-"

"Call me Montgomery."

"It's such a mouthful thoughhhh..." I groan as my head rests on his shoulder.

"Oh shit-" I almost fall.

"Sorry, I'm just a little chilly." I speak.
He's really warm.

"They really cranked the AC, don't you think?"

"Yeah, definitely."

Silence encapsulates us for awhile.

"You know, you're really warm."

"Well Uhh... if you're cold I can help."

"You don't have a jacket though."

"I guess we'll suffer in the cold alone then."
Both of us being stubborn, I don't want to...
But I do.
What do his hands feel like?

Rough from hard work, the slender fingers wrapping around mine as we embrace-
The hell is wrong with me?

"Apparently they're doing a world showcase of the best racers." I look over to his face.
It's illuminated by the lights around us, showing off his facial structure as he speaks.
Soon, I see Francisco on the screen.

"...no."
McQueen looks over.

"You don't watch the news?..."

"Uhm. Uh... eh I mean just-" I stammer trying to figure an excuse.

"Hey, are you ok?"

"It's fine."

It shows his interview.
"How do you feel about being invited to the World Grand Prix Francesco?"

"I am quite proud, but even more impressed they didn't invite McQueen. Him being an ok racer that is, maybe even less."

"Well, luckily we have people who will voice their opinion on the grand race happening!" Miles smiles.
"Oh, we're getting a call from Radiator Springs."

"McQueen is a good racer! So shove it up your Italian butthole he's just as good if even better than everyone else!"
I hear a certain accent that sounds familiar.

McQueen's eyes widen.

"Oh? Then why is he not to be at the race with the best in the world?"

Mater is about to go on a whole other tangent, until McQueen rushes over.

"I would, but sadly my crew is taking a break. Though I'd love to-"
Luigi and Guido among everyone else gesture to McQueen they're ready to make a comeback.

"O-oh nevermind they're back on!"

"Then you're invited!" Miles Axlerod speaks.
The bar cheers happily as I clink my drink with Sally's.

"A toast to McQueen! For improving and being the best he can be." I smile over towards him as he runs a hand through his hair nervously looking down then back up at me.

I've had a million toasts done for me... but this is special.

What makes you so... charming?