Secret-Keeper

Mater.

I saw Mater.

"McQueen wanted to make sure I didn't get eaten alive by the crowd n' all- so he made me leave but-"

"Mater-"

"I won't- I won't tell! I personally got no comment- well, that he hasn't said." Mater smart-mouths me.

"Does everyone think that McQueen and I are like- obsessed with eachother?"

Silence.
Well, not complete silence, it is an airport.

"Really?!"

I storm off to baggage claim, head full of confusion and frustration-

I mean, sure McQueen is attractive. Nobody can deny that, the guy has a fangirl base the size of New York's population.

But I don't think I, personally, could take that. I mean, even in a committed relationship he'll be flashed by fan girls, and having to be completely seen- at least Italian girls had more class.

But that wasn't what you were thinking when you were with him.

God- no. Not again.

I couldn't and can't take it.

"Chris!" Mater is running towards me and is about to barrel into me, that is until I move out of the way.

Guido and Luigi follow, and in a few we have people give us our bags.

It was a choice if we could do this publicly, which I didn't care much about.

Not many people knew me as 'the ex girlfriend' anymore after things had died down.
After we get our bags, McQueen is soon to come through, girls following.

Not just girls though, the press.

Oh no-

"I gotta get going to get ready for the track! I'll see yo-"

It's clear he wants to leave, but stops his excuses and speeds through questions.

"What's your relationship with McQueen?"
               "Are you over Francesco?"
   "Are you actually considering racing?"
        "Can you commit to a serious racing career?"

"No, yes, maybe, I don't know. Now come on McQueen-"

I start wrapping an arm around his waist, making my way through the crowd.

Normally, it's the other way around.

But I already feel way too tired for these questions-
I'm no stranger to them, I got questioned all the time when with Francesco.

Now that I think about it, everyone associates me around McQueen or Francesco nowadays- never my own person.

Even when it comes to questions about my own career- like: 'are you going to start a racing career with McQueen?'

'God I may need to bump into more crowds to have this happen..'  McQueen shamelessly thought.

The press went wild, some noticing and some not.
"That got annoying pretty quick. I don't know how I manage to take it sometimes." I did a shoulder stretch before leaning down some luggage, almost bringing McQueen down with me.

"Oh- yeah."

While reaching for luggage, I grab his jacket to keep me stable.

Ohfuckohfuckohfuckohfu-

"You gonna let go?" His hair frames his face before a shadow covers us slightly.

"Yeah.."

Looking over I see Guido and Luigi making eyes while Mater is having an inner- or what should be inner, monologue.

"So whaddaya' think of touring around there McQ-"

"Ahem-" I start walking out.

"We should have a car waiting for us outside, let's go."

I do not want to think of the comments from Luigi earlier, I'm already worrying about my new long term project Francesco is going to confront me about.

You know, the one I was supposed to do before I started doing my own marketing and design business.

One thing about Bernoulli is that he can't seem to take a hint, and when he can he doesn't bother.

So yeah, he's gonna ask me about it. And I've been brainstorming excuses when I have the mental willpower to not run away from this conversation.

Mater opens the door for me like a gentleman as people start to crowd, and I'm smushed in the middle between McQueen and Mater.

God, I hate thinking about Francesco.

////////////////////////////

A/N: Ooo! New chapter,
To be honest, most of my ideas for this book happen in the second movie, since I get more power to add in my own stuff. (Considering Mater meets the cool spy cars)

Enjoy! I'll be writing when I can.