N I N E

The raiding continued causing Cassandra to call a meeting

"Did Cassandra text you too?" Jessica asked.

"Was there a dress code we didn't know about?" Becca jokingly asked.

"I spent $700 on this and it's not like in going to be wearing it to prom.

Juno sat down between Helena and Becca as the group of girls joined together on the floor.

"Boys we thought we knew destroyed those stores last night. And if we don't do something make testosterone is going to be the end of us." Cassandra stated.

"Is that why it's just girls here?" Helena asked. Cassandra nodded.

"Right now it just pillage. But how long until someone's raped walking home one night and no one gives a shit because that's just how it is?" Cassandra continued.

"Okay, I'm sorry no one wanted to date you in high school, Cassandra, but this war in men feels a little extra." Gwen added.

"Shut the fuck up, Gwen." Kelly shot her down.

"Everything that kept us safe is gone. There's isn't anyone to say no. And when you stop hearing no, you begin to think you can do anything. Women aren't safe in a world that's run by brute force and stupidity. If we want peace, we need order. And to get order we need to exert our power."

Everyone nodded agreed with her.

After the meeting Juno met up with Grizz.

"Why were you in the church? You're not religious." He commented.

"I could be." He raised his eyebrows at her. "Yeah, not my thing. We were just talking, you know?"

"Talking about what?"

Juno looked at him. "You act as if the town didn't turn to shit last night."

He chuckled as he heard her curse. It was so rare when she did but even then he found it amusing every time. "Yeah, guess people could've handled that better."

"You say people as a we."

"Is that not true?"

"I suppose in a general sense but last night, the raiding, those were all boys, Grizz. I'm not saying male's cause chaos wherever they go, I'm just saying you can get worked up and act on it. We can't afford that, right now. We need peace, we're scared and chaos is going to make things worse."