T W E L V E

Everyone grieved in their own way

Everyone grieved in their own way. Some cried, some felt guilty, others angry, but Juno did none of it. She lived in denial, only staying at Harry's and Grizz's to stay away from the memories that might trigger any tears.

That morning she watched from a distance as Grizz, Luke, and the other boys dug graves for the two dead teens. Her eyes becoming dry as she stared,  feeling empty and numb.

"Juno," Becca's voice snapped Juno out of her gaze. Becca's hand touched Juno's shoulder. "I'm heading to the library, picking out pictures for the funeral. Do you want to come? I know Finch refused to be in pictures so I was hoping I could get some from you."

Juno smiled handing Becca her phone. "Take it, I don't need it anymore."

Becca hesitantly took it before Juno walked off. Juno's phone filling with text messages from kids sending their condolences.

Juno made her way back to Harry's. She knocked before entering where he tied his tie in the mirror. She sat on his bed watching him.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

He looked at her almost in disbelief. "The funeral."

"Right," she looked down for a second before meeting his gaze.

"We should start heading over."

"I'm not going."

Harry sat beside her. "Are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" She half smiled. "I'll see you later, Harry."

Juno got up before anymore questions could be asked. She walked passing her peers who stared. Before she knew it, she was in view of her house. Her awful, awful house. She stared at the cream colored building, the outgrown grass, and the flowers that filled area around the house. She took a step forward and her stomach twisted. Another, and her heart raced. Another, her throat tightened. Her shoes at the edge of the sidewalk and lawn. She was so close yet she couldn't bring herself to take another step. Taking one last looks before turning away, Juno's breathing became smoother.

From afar she could see the crowd around the burial grounds. She waited for the crowd to disappear before getting closer. She wasn't dumb, she knew what was happening. She just couldn't believe it, wouldn't believe it. She wanted to pretend like everything was okay, that Finch was back at home. Still looking for those god awful letters. The letters, what started their argument.