Chapter 2: Reunion

Hailee Steinfeld as Dani Grimes

"Hershel, I'm going on the porch." I yell into the quiet house.

"Be careful Dani!" I hear him yell from upstairs.

"Yeah yeah. It's just the porch!" I yell, going out the door. I sit on the chair, thinking of how my family is. I have no idea where they are right now. I feel and hear my stomach growl. "Okay, okay. I'm going!" I say, walking inside to the kitchen.

After I make myself a sandwich, I sit down at the kitchen table. Once I finish eating, I walk upstairs, I get ready for a shower.

***

I'm getting dressed after my shower, when I heard worried and scared, loud voices. And then I heard a scream. I get dressed quick, opening the bathroom door and running down the stairs. I see someone I didn't even know was alive. My dad.

"Dad?!" I ask, happily.

"Dani? Dani!" He yells, and with that I run into his arms, starting to cry.

"Dad, where's Mom, and Carl?!" I ask, pulling back.

"C-Carl's in there."

"Is he... Is he hurt?" I ask.

"Yeah..." He whispers.

"Can I go in there?"

"Yes you can." I hear Hershel come in and say.

After that I ran in, seeing my little brother on the bed. I start crying again, sitting down on the chair next to the bed. I grab his hand, leaning my head on it.

I feel hands on my back, rubbing back and forth, slowly. I know it's my dad, cause that was always how he got me to calm down whenever I was freaking out of crying.

"He'll be okay. Maggie's going to get your Mom. Okay?" Dad tells me. I turn around, hugging him.

"He'll be okay." I say.