Chapter 16: Here

Glenn ran. He ran faster than ever. Because he saw her. He ran quickly to her, picking her up and spinning her around. He then held her tight, collapsing onto the ground.

"Oh my god, oh my god." He kept repeating, kissing her face over and over, but not once kissing her on the lips.

"Glenn." Danielle whispered, making him look at her. She quickly put his face in between her hands, kissing him roughly. He kissed back, happy that he could actually do this again.

Glenn finally stood up, still not letting go of Danielle, his arm wrapped around her waist as he was smiling at her.

"I'm guessing you wanna share a cell with Glenn?" Rick chuckles at his daughter, who couldn't stop smiling and was blushing like crazy.

"Uh, yeah." Danielle says, glancing at Glenn who was staring down at his feet, blushing and smiling.

"Okay, let's go." Rick grabbed Danielle's duffle bag that was in the car and followed them into the prison, where Sophia was met with Carol.

Danielle watched the reunion, smiling as they walked up the stairs to her cell that she was now sharing with Glenn.

Glenn and Danielle walked into the cell, as Danielle put her bags down, Glenn looked by the door to see no one was there.

Glenn quickly kissed Danielle, putting her face between his hands. She kissed back instantly, placing her hands on his chest.

"Glenn, I think-" she said in between kisses. "-my dad is-" she spoke again. "-calling us."

Glenn pulled away, resting his forehead on hers. "I'm trying to spend quality time with the girl I love. He should get that." Glenn smiles, then bringing her back to a kiss.

* * *

It was now dark out. Glenn and Danielle were sharing a bed, snuggling together like it was their last night together. It was peaceful. Until Danielle started to have a nightmare.

She was crying, sobbing, yelling, and even shaking in her sleep. Glenn was woken up after she yelled his name in her sleep, tears streaming down her face. Glenn quickly tried to wake her up, but she just wouldn't. He suddenly started shaking her, making her sit up quickly, gasping for air as she almost hit Glenn's head with hers.

Tears were still falling down her face as she hugged onto Glenn tightly, sobbing into his shoulder. Glenn rubbed circles on Danielle's back, making her calm down slightly.

"Glenn, it was awful. I was out in the woods, I couldn't find Sophia. Then I heard the groans. I was being surrounded by walkers. It was everyone. Carl, Dad, Sophia, Ella, even you. Everyone was there. Then everyone just tore me apart. Oh god I thought it was real, it felt so real."

Glenn hugged her tighter as her story ended. He's had some dreams like that. But it was before Danielle was back. He would be talking to her in the dream, laughing and smiling, until she would suddenly frown. Her face started to rot and her eyes would become glossy and grey. She would walk closer and closer, then bite him. He would fall to the ground and she would groan and start to eat him. Then he would wake up.

"Danielle, it's not real, okay? It's not. You're here. With me. I'm not dead. Your dad is not dead. Carl isn't either. Neither is Sophia. We will find Ella. Everything is going to be okay. We are safe here. I love you, okay? I'm not ever going to leave you. Ever." He speaks to her, making her smile at him slightly.

She lightly kissed him on the lips, then laying back down. "Come on." She pats on the spot next to her, making Glenn lay next to her, pulling her into his chest.

"I love you." He whispers, closing his eyes and sighing.

"I love you too."