Chapter 11: Barn

Song of the Chapter: Secrets By: The Script

Dani was upset to say the least. Shane was an asshole. But Glenn cheered her up after their whole session.

She walked out of the house to hear Andrea say, "Have you guys seen Rick? We were supposed to leave an hour ago." Dani was confused, why did they have to leave?

"Yeah you were, what the hell? Isn't anybody taking this seriously?" Daryl comes walking up, yelling. What???

"Taking what seriously?" Dani asks, shocking everyone. No one knew she was even there.

"After what happened, Rick wanted to go look for Ella." Andrea smiles at Dani, making tears fill her eyes and smile back.

"Thank you guys."

"Now where's Rick?" Andrea wonders.

"Ah, here we go." Daryl speaks out loud, making everyone glance at Shane who was stomping through the yard by everyone.

"You with me?" Shane asks Daryl, making Daryl glance at Maggie then back to Shane. Daryl nods taking the gun. Shane then turns to Glenn, grabbing a shotgun out of the bag. "You gonna protect what's yours?" Glenn took a long look at Dani. He would do anything for her at this point.

"Yeah." He takes the shotgun.

Shane turned to Maggie, trying to hand her a gun. "Can you shoot?"

"Can you stop?! If you hand out all these gun my dad is gonna make you all leave, tonight." Maggie snaps, making Shane roll his eyes.

"Oh yeah? You wouldn't want that would ya, especially your little boyfriend." Maggie almost jumped on Shane, ready to punch him, but Dani held her back.

"Now I want you to take this Carl, to protect your mom, your sis-"

"Shane stop it! Your gonna get us kick off the fricking farm. It's safe here. Stop fucking trying to be in charge, this isn't your choice, it's not your decision to make!" Dani yells, surprising everyone.

"What the hell is that?!" T-Dog yells, making everyone turn their heads towards what he was pointing at.

Everyone ran after Shane, who looked more than pissed, towards the barn where Rick, Jimmy, and Hershel were with walkers.

"Shane stop!" Rick yells at Shane, who already started yelling.

"Do you see what their holding on to?!" Shane yells, making Hershel livid.

"I see who I'm holding on to!" Hershel yells back as the walker snapped and clawed, trying to get to Shane.

"Can someone alive get through this?!" Shane screams, shooting the walker many times. "That's three rounds to the chest!" Shane shoots again. "It's heart, it's lungs, why is it still coming?!"

"Shane, that's enough!" Dani and Rick yell, making Shane chuckle.

"Yeah, you're right man, that is enough." Shane shoots the walker, making Hershel fall with it.

"No more risking our lives for a little girl who's gone!" Shane yells, pointing at Dani, making tears fill her eyes.

Dani tuned out until Shane started banging on the barn doors, then opening them. The walkers groaned and snarled as they came pouring out, Shane was the first one to shoot. Then Andrea and T-Dog. Daryl looked at Maggie, who nodded at him, so he started shooting as well.

"Dani." Glenn pleaded, looking into her eyes as she nodded too, and he started shooting.

Suddenly, the walkers were all gone. The silence was deadly, the ringing in Dani's ears was unbearable.

She thought it was over, she thought she didn't have to look at a walker again that day. Until they heard growls and footsteps in the barn.

Dani sighed as she was about to walk towards the house, until she saw who came out of the barn.

Her old best friend, Crystal.

Dani's cries made Glenn almost break down, crying with her, but he didn't.

"Crystal!" She cried, starting to run over to her, but she couldn't as Glenn grabbed her tightly, both of the, collapsing onto the ground. A tear dropped from Glenn's eye, just because of the sobbing girl that was struggling to get out of his arms but she was too weak.

Rick stepped up slowly, aiming his gun at the girl he knew almost all of her life. She was like a second daughter to him.

And he shot.

If you guys were confused, Crystal was Dani's best friend before the apocalypse.