actually 38

She was gone again when I woke up.

Not far, just taking a shower.

The early morning sun filtered through the curtains and washed over Charlie's room in gentle waves.

I  slipped out of my clothes and stepped in with her. She watched me silently, the pull of alcohol gone from her gaze.

Charlie didn't give me any time to feel self conscious and stepped behind me to lather shampoo into my hair.

"Aren't we skipping a step here?" She asked, working the shampoo further into my hair.

"I'm comfortable so I don't think we are " I shrugged, enjoying the way her fingers dragged slightly on my scalp.

"I'm glad"

We showered in silence after that and when we were done we made breakfast together, actually I made the food and Charlie just leaned over my shoulder to see what I was doing.

"Does this mean I get to undress you now ?" She sounded way too excited for someone who should be hangover.

I thought about it for a moment.

"Not over the food" And then I went back to flipping the french toast.

Charlie laughed.

"Maybe over the counter later?" Her hands grazed my sides before moving around to hold me in a hug with her head resting on my shoulder.

"No, we are not cross contaminating the kitchen" I had to be stern or she would find a way to make it happen, Charlie was sneaky like that.

"You're so vanilla" She chuckled.

"I don't care, as long as I'm eating food from here then my ass cheeks will never touch this surface"

"Who said anything about you being naked?" She smirked at me, eyebrow raised.

I fumbled over a response for a moment before giving up all together and turning back to the toast, she laughed harder.

"Is sex all you think about?" I huffed.

"No not always, I think about how pretty you are, how smart you have to be to get into college and how lucky I am to have you" She kissed my cheek before moving away to pour juice for us.

My smile was uncontrollable.

"Is this another ploy to get into my pants?"

"Is it working?"

"No" I deadpanned and she laughed softly.

***
I apologize for the delay besties I had to go to the hospital and while I was there I got a call for a job interview in the evening lmaoo

I know this is short, y'all don't gotta say it.