3

After heckling the secretary until she finally gave me the contact info for charlie, i waited until i got home to call the number and the phone rang  repeatedly until someone picked up.

" Hello?" The person on the other end called, seemingly female.

" Hi,  it's Gia Kim, Can i speak to Charlie please " i rushed out all in one breath.

" oh, Gia hi, give me one second and i'll have her on the phone with you" the voice i recognize as Ms.Gray responds.

i mumbled a thank you and listened as Ms.Gray shouted for charlie to get the phone in another room. 

" hello" She asked.

" hey... i got your number from the secretary.  We have a project to do together for English class" i spoke

"oh" she was silent for a few moments before responding.

" would it be cool if we did it at my house?" she asked.

" yeah just send me the address"

" as soon as i figure out how to send texts over a house phone you'll be the first to know" she hummed, the air in my lungs left in a wheeze as I tried to contain myself.

" sorry, i just assumed you had a cellphone but if you call the address out i can write it down" i suggested.

I grabbed a paper from off my table and used a sharpie marker to write the address down.

" so how soon can we start" i asked.

" tomorrow's fine if you're okay with that?" she questioned.

" yeah totally, is four okay?"

" four is fine" she mumbled.

" See you then Charlie Gray"

" You didn't tell me your name" Charlie spoke.

Idiot. She's gonna think I'm an idiot.

" Right sorry, its Gia. Gia Kim"

"Okay well see you tomorrow Gia"