End

The ride to the airport had been quiet, filled with melancholy and we spent half an hour in the car before going in, just hugging, trying to engrain the feel of each other in our memories.

When it was time for me to board my flight, Charlie's entire body became rigid.

I hugged her hard, taking in the smell that was just her, Her shampoo, her fabric softener. I kissed the side of her head , savoring the feeling of her on my lips.

She jerked as if returning to reality and wound her arms around me so tightly as if she feared I would disappear.

She drew back, retrieving something from her back pocket before slinging it over my neck.

Her medal, Charlie Gray had given me her gold medal that she had won swimming in the Olympics.

And she kissed me as if we were the only people in the world and I did the same to her because it would always just be us.

"Call me when you get there"

I nodded.

"I love you" She smiled sadly, tears gathering in her eyes.

"I love you too"

And then I walked away, careful not to turn around in fear that my bravado would crumble and I'd start crying.

"Hey Gia!" Charlie called right before I turned out of sight.

"I'm waiting for you!" Her smile lit up the entire airport.

***
Who's disappointed In the ending??🤭 I know I am. I'm my own worst critic and this is no different. I feel like everything was already laid out so there was no need to draw out Gia leaving hence the very short ending.

I wanna thank you all for sticking with this story and me by extension. I never imagined so many people would find it and like it.

Okay enough with all the sap, extra chapters coming soon and by soon I mean probably tomorrow because I am impatient and I aim to please.