Surgery

Everyone had left by 10 the next morning.Mel and Matt stayed because I wanted them to be around today. My surgery would take an hour. I was going in at 1.

In the 3 hours I had to spare I called David and checked how the funeral arrangements were going. He said everything was arranged. I was kind of glad that I had nothing to do with it. Now it's one less thing to stress about. "Ben misses you". I didn't let him get another word in. He called again but I didn't pick up. He kept calling. Eventually I blocked his number. I didn't want to hear him talk about how much Ben is hurting. I have enough of my own problems.

I got into Matt's Mustang. He was taking me and Mel would pick me up to go to therapy. I couldn't believe how supportive everyone was. Matt stopped the car and kissed me goodbye. I walked in dreading my surgery. I was terrified. I changed into the ugly hospital clothes and got prepped for surgery by doctors. I checked my phone one last time and was taken in. I was put under anesthetic.

I woke up later and tried to lift myself up to a sitting position. It really hurt so I stopped. Mel was sitting next to me holding my hand. "When can I go"? She looked at her watch. "Half an hour. Then to therapy and finally a pedicure. Then you are going to Billie's. She said she will look after you tonight". Great. Tonight I had to deal with him.

We stopped outside a cozy little cottage. It didn't look like a therapists office. I was met by a nice woman. "Hi my name is doctor Edwards but you can call me Amyelia. Let's get started". She gestured for me to sit down and I awkwardly sat. We talked about everything from my childhood to when I met Benedict.

3 hours later I came out in tears. I was crying as I found Mel in the waiting room. She wrapped an arm around my shoulder. We skipped the pedicure and we went to Billie's.

David opened the door. We walked in. Pillows were stacked on the couch. I carefully sat. Billie walked in,her hair still dripping from just showering. "How did everything go? No complications"? I shook my head and showed everyone the large scar across my stomach. Ben eventually got out of bed and stumbled downstairs. The moment he did I left. I called Sky and told her to meet me at my place later.

I decided to have some fun so I went to a tattoo parlour. "Does this affect the baby"? I asked the tattoo designer. "No". I decided to get Braxton Scott across my back in a dark blue ink. Once it was done I looked at it in the mirror. I paid and left. I went home and moved a mattress into the nursery. I put it on the floor and my eyes closed as soon as they hit the pillow. Sky was here and she held me.

Mel called at 10 saying she was on her way over. I wanted company. I threw up and changed my clothes. She was sitting in the livng room when I finished changing. I showed her my tattoo. "Are you crazy? It's really nice but this is there forever. Did you think this through"? She doesn't understand how important my sons legacy is. "I wanted this to be here forever and it's there as a reminder. I didn't want to forget him". She calmed down. She pulled back my top so she could see it again. "It's beautiful. It's is a great idea". Sky woke up, checked the time and rushed out the door saying something about meeting Harrison. Mel left and went to get breakfast.

I called Ben. "I'm sorry. I over-reacted. Can you please come back? I need you". He hung up. He wasn't coming back. Half an hour later a consistent knock came at the door. He was standing with flowers and chocolates. "I am so glad you have asked me to come back. I missed you". He gave me a hug and walked inside. Putting the chocolates and flowers down he came up behind me. He stops and pulls away. "Do you like it"? He stands still,leaning on the bench for support. "You got a tattoo? I didn't think you would be the kind of person to get one. I do like it". I take his hand and lead him into the nursery.

His hands trace over Braxton's name. He smiled and tears spilled from his eyes. We walked into study. Ben opened the bottom drawer in the desk. I see two baby scrapbooks. One is a baby blue and the other is a pastel pink. He opens the baby blue one. He pastes a photo of my latest scan in. He flipped the page and writes in big bold letters "RIP Braxton Scott Cumberbatch". He then continued on Tia's scrapbook. It was so cute.

It was nice to lay with Ben. I really missed listening to his steady heartbeat. "How are you handling things? You don't need to put on a tough guy act for me. If you are hurting it's ok. You can cry. It will hurt and it will get worse, but we are in this together". He closed his eyes and started to cry. I hugged him tighter than ever before. "We can't love Tia-Grace any less than she deserves. She's our little angel. We are lucky to have her so we have to make sure we take special care of her". He kissed my cheek and whispered I love you.