Chief bridesmaid

It was fun going back to work before Tia was born. Billie enlisted the help of my event management agency to help with her wedding. They smartly gave me the job. Billie also made me chief bridesmaid so I was pretty much in charge of the whole wedding.

Today we had to organise venue, date and decorations. They decided on a theme which was "a splash of colour". Instead of traditional white they were going for pastel and neon colours. Billie does a lot of crafts so she agreed to do the decorations. The venue was a hilltop winery with a breath-taking view of a river. The date was going to be December 31st. Billie was going to do neon decorations to put up and the room was going to be pastel colours.

Once that was over I headed out with Ben. Ben was in the limo waiting for me. I was apparently too stresssed so Ben was taking me to a carnival.

We strolled around, glad to have each others company. Ben played a game where you had to hook a duck. He won and picked a little monkey. I played a game where I had to throw a ball to hit bottles. I won a giant bear. "What? How is that possible? I am supposed to win the big toy for you". I handed him the bear. "You might as well have it, but when Tia is born she might claim it". He hugged it protectively.

It was only 9 o'clock when we got home. For dinner we had nachos. Ben made them. They were so good. I made a cake for dessert. It came out of the oven and we put ice-cream on it. Tia was making me crave ice-cream. I called Matt and invited him over. "Yeah. I will be over in twenty minutes". He started to cough as he hung up.

I grabbed the cookies from the cupboard. I put them on the table.Ben had changed from his suit to sweat pants and a hoodie. "I love you in your suit. You look so sexy. Then again you can pull off anything". My phone went off. I answered it. "Hello"? There was coughing. I checked the number. "Matt are you ok"? More coughing. Then the line went dead. My phone went off with a message. "Hey Rosie, sorry but I am not feeling well. I don't want to make you sick. A friend is looking after me. Talk soon. Matt". I texted back. "Feel better soon. Talk later". I yelled out to Ben. "Matt's not coming. He is sick so a friend is taking care of him". He nodded and dragged me into the library.

I scanned through the shelves. I decided on If I stay by Gayle Forman. It was a short but beatiful book. He sat down and helped me into his lap. He held the book in front of both of us. His deep,soothing,sexy voice lulled me to sleep.

I woke up in bed. Ben must have carried me. I rubbed my eyes and made my way to the library. Ben was on the floor with his pillow and a blanket. I sat next to his head and caressed his face. His blinked a couple of times and leaned his head back. He looked into my eyes and I kissed his sweet lips. "Morning baby. How are you feeling"? I winced as the baby kicked me in the stomach,hard. He grabbed my shoulder and checked me over. "The baby just kicked me really hard don't panic. I haven't been sick in a while so that's good. The baby will be here soon. It's getting really exciting". He nodded and I left him to sleep.

I moved into the kitchen. I started cooking some breakfast. I made some really nice poached eggs with bacon. Ben sat at the table and constantly asked if it was ready. After a while he got bored so he went to make some calls. "Its ready". He bounced off a few walls as he ran to the table. He sat. I put his plate in front of him. He scoffed it down. "This is fantastic". I nodded as I took small bites.

Billie called after breakfast to finalise some wedding details. "How are things? Have you got a dress? Enjoying being pregnant"? My phone went off with a message. It was a photo from Billie of her dress. "It's beautiful". We talked for a hour and a half. She mentioned she wasn't making the bridesmaids dresses the same so I could have time to lose the baby weight and get into a dress. "That's sweet. You don't have to do that". "No its fine. I don't want you to look back on the photos and regret them so thats what I want". We hung up and I went to see Ben.

Ben was sitting on top of his black leather chair in his study. He was finishing the seven month page in Tia's scrapbook. "That's looking good. How long are you going to do that for"? Ben turned to me. "Maybe on her 18th I will stop. 2 months and I will be holding my precious little girl. I can't wait to see her chubby little face". I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Me too. Your going to be a great dad". I pecked him on the cheek.

I went to my seven month scan. Ben was working on the Sherlock set so he couldn't make it. The nurse said everything was ok. I breathed a sigh of relief. I took a picture of the ultrasound screen and sent it to Ben and Billie. "Everythings ok". Billie responded instantly. "That's good. Tia is going to be safe soon". Ben didn't respond. He probably had his phone off.

I went home and called Jenna. "Do you want to go to the movies"? She agreed and I said I would pick her up. I called the driver. Quickly changing I made my way downstairs. The driver opened the door for me and helped me in.

The drive to Jenna's was long. I sat in the back listening to my Ipod. Half an hour later Jenna was sitting next to me. "Hey. Nice to see you again. I needed this. Work is being super stressful. We haven't spoken in ages". We updated each other on all the latest goss. The movie was good and I really enjoyed my day.

I had a nice day out. Ben was home when I got back. I jumped on the couch and snuggled into his warm arms. We sat quietly watching the sun set. He rubbed my back. He then got up and came back with my hairbrush. My hair was short now as I had it cut it and dyed today. I now had short blue curls. He brushed them and played with my hair.

Ben then put on the episodes he filmed today. He revised over them and I got a sneak peek at next season. He sat criticising himself on mistakes he made during shoot. "Babe don't be so hard on yourself. Everyone has bad days. I thought you were perfect as always. If Steven didn't think you did well today he would have told you". He half smiled with a disappointed look in his eyes. "Thanks Rosie. Your smile makes everything better". He rested his head on my shoulder. "I love you". I smiled. "You have to". He did that sexy little chuckle that made my heart melt.