Grief counselling

I snuck out at 9 the next morning. I called Karen to pick me up. She drove me to the counsellers and gave me a cuddle. "Get better ok? Do you want me to pick you up"? I shook my head. "I will walk to 7/11 and tell Ben to pick me up because I had a craving". She nodded and helped me out. She waved as she drove away.

I met with my counseller. We talked about my relationship with Ben, my relationship with my family and friends and Brax. I booked for another appointment and started walking.

7/11 wasn't too far. I called Ben and asked him to pick me up. I saw the green car turn into the driveway. I still don't know how he drove with a broken ankle.

Ben questioned me the whole way home. "Who drove you? Why didn't you wake me? How long have you been here? Have you been by yourself"? I inhaled sharply. I might as well tell him. "I was at grief counselling. Karen drove me this morning. I didn't wake you because you would worry. I only just got to 7/11 but my session was for an hour. Happy"? He stopped the car and kissed me. "You could have told me. I would understand if your not coping. It's hard". He started the car and started driving. I rested my head on his shoulder. "I love you Benedict". He kissed my forehead. "I love you too Rosalyn". I turned to him. "How are you driving with a broken ankle"? He gestured for me to keep it a secret. "I wasn't going to say no to you. I actually shouldn't be driving".

Ben took me to my next session. He even booked one for himself. I was happy he wasn't mad at me. We continued to go to counselling right up until Braxton's funeral.

I suggested the counseller to David and Billie and they went as well. I think they needed it just as much as we did. I could see the pain in Billie's eyes. Naturally if Billie was unhappy so was David. I think the counseller helped them and also helped them become closer as a couple.

I went out after my last session. I went to buy a black dress for Braxton's funeral. I walked into Forever New and tried on some dresses. I found a nice black lace dress. I also found a nice black hair piece and veil.

I then went to Novo and found some black flats. I got a lot of compliments on my blue curls. I got my nails done a black pattern with silver swirls.

Ben picked me up after I finished shopping. He gestured at the bags sadly. "Is that for the funeral"? I closed my eyes and tears spilled from them. "Yeah. I never thought I would be planning and attending my unborn sons funeral. I am so lucky you stayed. Not many marriages survive the loss of a child". He put his fingers to my lips. "I don't care about other marriages. I care about ours. I love you and would never leave". He reached over a pulled me into his arms. I emotionally collapsed and tears fell like rain.

We got home and tried on our clothes for the funeral. Ben looked so smart in his tux and black bowtie. I just wish this wasn't for Brax's funeral.

We called everyone and confirmed they were coming. We then confirmed the venue and the funeral host. Everything was set. This was our last goodbye.