Chapter 18

The meeting with the client from Australia went well, thanks to Mina's good and reputed conversation. The client was pretty impressed by her attitude and presentation. Levi didn't have to say anything while the meeting was going on, he had a smile fixed on his face while his eyes were fixed on Mina. He just silently watched. 

After the meeting ended, they went to a restaurant near the office as a formality and the worker came back about half an hour later. Levi followed them, leaving the other Heads there. They were standing on the other side of the office, waiting for the green signal to cross the road. Levi found Mina standing with the other two employees. 

*Cough, cough* Levi coughed to have their attention. They looked back and bowed to him. 

"Nakamura-san, can I have a moment?" He asked. Mina nodded and approached him. 

"I wanted to thank you earlier for your performance. Thanks." He retorted. 

"You're most welcome. I really wanted to have an opportunity. So thank you too, Ackerman-san." She smiled.

"If you don't mind, can I treat you for your performance?" He asked. Mina instantly thought of the rumors that had been floating around the air in the office. She became flustered. Levi leaned a bit lower to see the expression on her face. The green light was already on. 

"Mi….." Nizu stopped as he found Levi had his hands in his knees, leaning towards Mina. Nizu pulled Ayumu with her w/o calling Mina again. Ayumu became confused,

"Wait, Mina is there." He retorted.

"Let's just go. She has some business to deal with."

"What? Where?" 

They already crossed the road. Nizu had to push him in the office. 

"Ah, it's a rejection, then?" Levi retorted, still having the same position. Mina looked up and saw him kinda pouting. She shook her head.

"It's not. I am afraid of what others will think of it." Mina retorted quietly.

"You're thinking about the rumors, right?" Levi asked. Mina flinched a bit since she had no idea how Levi knew. She widened her eyes. 

"Wondering how I know? I know everything, Nakamura-san. Don't worry about them. If you want I can make things clear." He said.

"Make things clear?" Mina, confused. 

"I will tell everyone that we have nothing between us, that's what I meant." Levi smiled, there was a bit of sadness in his smile.  

"No, you don't really have to." She shook her head. 

"Cute." He reached out her head to pat but then stopped. Mina looked at him, furrowed a bit. 

"Sorry." He said…. "Let's go then. It's already 7:30 pm. You have things to do." He retorted and looked at the signal. "Ah, it's red again. Oh your colleagues? I guess they left." 

"I see." Mina spoke. 

"Oh, the sky! Isn't it growling?" Levi said as he heard the grumbling sound further. 

"It didn't say it'd rain today." Mina said.

"Did it? I barely watch weather news." Levi smiled. 

They returned, As Mina pulled out her chair, Nizu said,

"Sorry we left earlier."

"Why are you saying sorry for this?" Mina laughed. 

"Btw what did he say?"