Chapter 29

At night, 

Everyone went home in the evening, much earlier than usual since the next day was big for them. Mina was checking through the files that Satoru gave her, sitting on the couch. 

Her phone rang from Sara's call,

"Oh, onee-chan, you're still awake?"

"Yes. Why are you calling so late?" Mina asked. 

"Oh that, onee-chan, why didn't you tell me that you're going on trip tomorrow?" 

"I'm so sorry, It was just all of a sudden. Work piled up so I couldn't contact you after coming back…… wait a second, how did you know?" Mina wiggled her eyebrows. 

"Shoto told me, he actually offered me to go too, but I enrolled in some extra courses so I cannot go." 

"Shoto? Is he going then?" Mina asked. 

"He's not sure. His friends are kinda busy, one came back from the USA today, I'm not sure about the other one. He's not a social person you know, so I think if his friends don't go, he won't either." 

"You could have come btw. Since he's not social, as you said, and he offered you, so he wanted you to come, don't you think?"

"Yea but I really don't wanna trouble you there onee-chan." Sara seemed a little down.

"Trouble?  What trouble? So I am the reason then." 

"No no, I didn't mean it. I meant…."

Mina chuckled as her sister spoke,

"I know what you mean, don't worry, you can come if you want, you don't have to if you don't want to. Shoto needs to get out of his zone anyway, sooner or later, he'll need it. I was just joking."

"Anyway, anything happened between Satoru-ni-chan and you?" 

As Sara asked, Mina's face became burned red. She started coughing. 

"Anything? What do you mean?"

"So you're still not dating. Hmph." 

"Sara, you shouldn't joke all the time."

"Oops, sorry. Onee-chan……"

"Yes?"

"Don't make him wait anymore……. Goodnight." 

Beep beep beep

Mina sat there with a blank expression for some moments and put her head on the backrest facing the ceiling. An upside down Satoru popped out of nowhere. Mina didn't even flinch a bit. She just smiled at him while he wiggled his eyebrows. 

"Why are you smiling?" Satoru asked, "Wait, am I seeing things? You're creeping me out." He leaned down to her face. As he leaned down, Mina's hands held his face, Satoru's cheeks went red and she pulled his face even lower to her. His heart started beating faster. 

Mina gently rested his forehead on hers. Only a soft sound from Satoru broke the silence in the room, *Mina.*

"Thank you, Satoru." 

"Why?" He asked softly. 

"For loving me."

"Does that even matter?" Satoru spoke as he placed his palms on her grasp to his face. He gently broke the grasp of her hand and stepped back. "Does that even matter, Mina? It's always been one sided. It doesn't matter if love doesn't come from both sides."

Mina sat back straight and said w/o lookin at him,

"It matters. It does matter, Satoru. Because it's the start of everything."