Chapter 26

As the delivery guy rang the doorbell, Satoru opened and took his pizza. It was 9 pm. Mina was in her room, and she hadn't come out since she arrived. Satoru knocked at her door twice, she didn't open, he waited for some time, had his dinner and left half for Mina. 

He knocked again at 10 pm, Mina ignored, even though she wanted to but she couldn't, she was still having trouble dealing with what happened the previous day. Satoru said,

"If you don't come out or let me in, I'll break the door, I swear. And I'm not joking." 

He heard her coughing, "So you're alive there, stop ignoring me and open the damn door." 

"Leave me alone." Mina yelled. 

"I cannot, that's not why I waited for you. I cannot leave you alone anymore." Satoru muttered, making sure she didn't hear him. He spoke again, "Open the door, Mina. Please", this time softly. 

"Mina…… I'll be here unt………" 

She opened the door, wearing a messy bun, her hair was totally a mess, wearing short trousers and a sweatshirt. Satoru chuckled as he looked at her. 

"Don't laugh at me. I know I'm a mess." Mina said, pouted. Her cheeks were red, eyes were puffy. 

"No you look cute. Can I come in?" Satoru asked.

"Yea. Oh I see you ordered pizza." 

"Yes. Have some." Satoru said, placing the pizza on her table.  

"Why do you always order food? Isn't it bad?" 

"Yes, thanks for your concern. But I cannot cook." Satoru replied. 

"Maybe I can try cooking for you, I …..mean…..If …… you want…. I guess." Mina said, stuttering a little. 

"I don't want to put any pressure on you. But thanks." He said.

"It won't be a problem since I cook for myself for dinner only. We have lunch at the office, breakfast is easy going with cereals. So it's not pressure."

"Is it? Alright, if you insist. Do I have to pay for it or something? I mean it's still a labor." Satoru asked.

"Um, yes." She said.

"How much?"

"Um, let me think………… wait……… (browsing her phone)....... Here." She gave her phone to Satoru.

"Orphanage? Uh huh? What's with that?" Satoru furrowed his eyebrows. 

"You can donate my pay here." Mina smiled. 

"Alright it's not a problem but I guess your pay is not much." Satoru retorted. 

"Yes yes, that's why I'm telling you to donate here so you have to add some from you too." 

Satoru chuckled as she spoke. 

"Alright alright. Okay with me. I'll donate." 

"Thanks. Actually I donate at some orphanage too. One at a month. I started donating when I was in England, I visited some orphanages from time to time. Somehow it made me feel relaxed. It just became a habit now." Mina retorted, walking towards the balcony. Satoru followed her.

"I haven't seen you visiting since coming here."

"I guess I'm healed, that's why I haven't visited. But I still want to contribute." 

"I never knew, you think like that." Satoru said,patting her head, making her blush.

They were silent for some moments until Mina spoke,