Chapter 34

Days later, 

Mina fell asleep on the couch, from working late at night. It was the weekend. Satoru was sleeping in his room till 11 am. Mina was still sleeping when Satoru came out of his room, he found her a total mess. Her pajama was rolled up to knees, T-shirt squeezed into chest. It was actually his first time seeing Mina in this position even though they've been living together for months. Satoru heaved a big sigh watching her and didn't want to go any near until he saw her sweating in cold december. 

"Was the heater on or something?" He muttered and went to check. He found the temperature higher than usual. He glanced at Mina once again and sighed. 

"Ugh." 

He didn't want to wake her up, nor he didn't want to fix her clothes or leave her like this. 

"I should just stay out of it." He retorted, coming towards the table in front of Mina to clean the mess that she made last night. He kept glancing at Mina and her unfortunate situation. 

"Oi Mina Nakamura." He couldn't but literally yelled. Mina groaned in a morning voice, an instant response. She found Satoru gazing at her coldly, she was confused as she just woke. 

"Morning." She said. 

"Tch, I told you not to trust men and be comfortable around them, didn't I?" Satoru retorted in a low-key voice, kneeling next to the couch. 

"Huh? What are you blubbering in the morning?" She asked. 

"Fix your clothes." He said, getting up. Mina looked at her position and jumped out in reality as Satoru turned back. Her cheeks went red. 

Satoru was almost done washing the dish, Mina stood in front of him, embarrassed. Satoru looked at her and again focused on his job. Mina said,

"You're not like others." 

Satoru glanced at her and asked,

"What do you mean?" 

"You just said not to trust men, but you're not like others." Mina retorted, a bit louder, closing her eyes shut. 

The next thing Mina knew was Satoru over her, his hand was on her waist, face was an inch away. Mina gulped as she found him so close. 

"I'm a guy too." Satoru retorted coldly, as Satoru leaned towards her lips even more, she closed her eyes, seeing their first kiss coming. A few seconds passed, Mina opened her eyes, found Satoru looking at her, he furrowed his eyebrows. 

"Were you hoping for a kiss?" He teased her. Mina's blood rushed into her cheeks, making them hotter than ever. She unlocked herself from Satoru's grasp and ran to her room and shut the door. 

*What the hell I was doing! Shit.* 

-Mina started banging her forehead on the door. 

Satoru was smiling, finding her cute. He felt a warm breeze coming from an open window in the cold morning. 

*Mina, can I have hope now?*

Shoto called Sarah, standing in front of her house earlier for their date. As he was standing there for minutes, he found girls passing by, looking at him, whispering. It wasn't something new to him anymore but he kinda felt awkward standing there since older women, Sara's neighbors were peeking at him as well. 

"Are you Sara-chan's boyfriend?" An old woman came towards him. 

"Yes." He just nodded, awkwardly. 

"That's sad. I've been seeing you for a while coming and going, I thought about introducing you to my granddaughter." The old woman retorted. Shoto just smiled awkwardly.