48-Our Spot

After Brady's speech I decide to go to the one place that I can think of. 

The one place he might be, I hope he's there. 

Heading into the bathroom I take a quick shower before changing into a random pair of jeans and a t shirt. I lace up my converse before grabbing my phone and heading out the door, my hair still damp. 

As I walk to the part a million questions run through my mind. 

I haven't seen Noah in a week, since he broke my heart. 

He walked away but this time I won't let him. 

If he does though, if I can't get him to see that he is who I truly want right now I will wait. 

I will wait until he realizes because despite what he believes there is no one better for me than him. 

Getting closer to the park my heart starts to race, one of the questions popping up again. 

What if he isn't here?

What if Brady was wrong and he isn't here? What do I do?

Of course I could text him but I doubt he would tell me where he is staying. 

As I round the corner to the park I spot him sitting on a swing. My breath hitches. 

He's wearing jeans and a brown t shirt. He doesn't look up at me but I can tell he is sporting a five o'clock shadow. 

I make my way or to the swing set taking a deep breath I sit in the swing beside him. He visibly tenses but doesn't look up at me. 

"I miss you." I whisper wanting to run my hands through his disheveled hair. But instead I just place my hands in my lap. 

He doesn't say anything so I continue, "I know you think in some weird way you are doing right by me. By pushing me away, but you're wrong." His head snaps up his eyes meeting mine. He looks as awful as I feel. 

"I love you Noah, and I know that you think I should see other people. Find someone better than you but there truly isn't anyone better. You have always been there for me, and I trust you with my life.

You make me so happy that sometimes I can't quite understand how I got so lucky. You're my home, no matter where in the world I am. You are it for me Noah Scott do you understand?

I want to marry your annoying ass one day and have your babies and argue with you on who has to get up to check on them in the middle of the night." I say laughing through the tears. 

"You make me feel safe and understood. You never judge me and I love you even more for that. So please for the love of god don't push me away because you think that is best for me."

When I finish he sits there staring at me in silence. 

"You really want to marry me and have my kids?" He asks and I want to punch him in the face. 

I nod, "Yes asshole I really do." A grin takes over his face but then it disappears. 

"What if there is someone better and you don't get to find them because you stayed with me-" I cut him off.

"I don't care about what if's Noah. You of all people should know that. I love you and I want to be with you forever. Or at least until we're old and wrinkly and I need someone to take me to the bathroom all the time."

He laughs at that. 

"The question is do you want to be with me?"

"Yes." He says without hesitation. 

I want to smack him even more for putting me through hell this week. 

"Even long distance?" He shakes his head and my smiles fades. 

Oh.

"It wouldn't be long distance, if I am with you I am with you." I furrow my brows in confusion, "To Stanford?" I ask and he nods. 

"So we are going to go to college together?" I ask clarifying and he nods, "Well if you'll have me back of course."

I bite my lip, "Well.." I pretend to think and his eye brows pinch together in worry. 

I laugh, "That's what you get for putting me through all this hell this past week." He leans in kissing me, "I'm sorry." He mumbles against my lips. 

I kiss him back harder, "It was hell week too."

He laughs, "Fuck, that must of been painful on your dad and Brady." I punch him arm, "Ass."

After our whole dramatic reunion Noah comes back to my house, Brady is there on the couch. 

He asks Noah if they can go to his room and talk, they disappear upstairs as I make myself a sandwich. 

Two hours later Noah emerges. I am sitting in the living room watching a movie. 

"Hey." He says sitting beside me throwing an arm around his shoulder.

I smile giving his lips a quick peck, "Hey."

We fall into a comfortable silence watching the movie. 

At some point Brady joins us sitting down in the single chair. 

Later that night Noah tells me about his and Brady's talk. Brady admitted his feelings for Noah but that he knew Noah would never reciprocate. They talked about other things Noah promised he wouldn't talk about to anyone else even me. 

We put on another movie and laid in my bed. I was leaning my head against his chest, his arms holding me close to him. 

"I love you." he says into my hair, "I love you too." I say.

We laid there wrapped up in each other until we both fell asleep.