Leather

AUTHORS NOTE:

I apologise for not updating lately, but my life's been pretty 'out of sorts' lately. I'll try to update 5 times a week from now on... TRY! I'm not promising!   

Okay, well enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clink. Clink, Clink..

I pull the gold lock from a simple, string bound book. The cover and back are simple leather, that's soft to the touch, and smells of hay. The pages are rugged, but somehow that doesn't surprise me after 300 years. I flick through them carefully, like you were holding dragonfly wings. The simple, brown penwork is faded, but not gone. Nothing I touch ever goes away. Gently, I swpie my thumb across the page, it just leaves a sweat mark.

A rustle comes from the bushes, I pull out my bow and stretch the string until I feel like my muscles are about to splinter, I don't move, don't even breathe. A ghostly figure appears and says to me in a language so ancient, many have forgotten.

It is done.

They, They have done it?!

Indeed. The Dark will not be returning any time soon.

Th-Thank you. I understand.

His face flickers like he's trying to smile. Then he disapears.

Well, they've finally done it. They've brought down Pitch Black.

The Guardians.