Fingers

Those eyes, those shining eyes.

Those eyes that used to make me laugh, but then only brought me anguish and grief.

He smiles at me, but my gaze falters. I can't see him again. I swore i'd never his name again. I turn away and run away. I push open the oak doors that lead to North's personal chambers. I run up a swirling staircase and I see Jack running after me with the other guardians ataring open-mouthed.

"Hey! Wait!"

I don't wait, I keep running. He tries to catch up, but if you've been stalked for centuries, it's hard to be beaten for speed. I step up the stairs and turn a corner. I take a right turn and find the room I stayed in once before. I shut the door, and slide to the floor with my back to the door. I here 4 knocks on my door. "Hey! I'm sorry?" I here Jack's voice. I slide into a memory.

"THREE! Ready or not! Here I come!" Jackson's voice echoes across the house.

I giggle, he won't look behind the door. I see my brother hiding in the treehouse. Too obvious. Emma is giggling from the bathroom across the hall.

Footsteps up the stairs, I hold my breath. "Boo!" Jack yells as he picks his sister up. "I found you!" She giggles and squirms and he puts her down. Then he looks across the hall. I pull my eyes back from the gap in the door. He knocks 4 times on the door, I try not to breathe. He knocks again and I let out a giggle, he comes into the room and smiles down at me. "Behind the door, I never would've looked there." I giggle and Emma comes and pulls on my hand and we run down to play with their cat. My brother and Jack come in and dropped an icecube down the back of me and Emma's shirts.

It was a happy memory, one that still made me smile. I stand and open the door slowely to find Jack sanding there sadly. His eyes study my face, but I don't look at him face on. He tries to stare at me in the eyes but I shift my head to the left. He looks at me questioningly. "You look, so familiar." He says. I stare at him. "I look familiar to a lot of people." He just stares and I stare back. It's painful to stare into those eyes, but it's a good pain. I missed him so much, but I can't miss him. I stare into those eyes, those perfect eyes that see straight into my soul. I reach forward and place two fingers on his forehead. "Hey! What are you doing!?" Jack yells and when my fingers make contact...

The world blacks out.