Maybe

"Ta-Talaha?" Jacks voice murmers, when he sees my scrunched figure.

I turn towards the familiar sound, and he sits down next to me.

"What's up?" He asks, his voice gone from the usual sarcastic, slighty narcisistic tone, to a soothing brotherly one.

My expression hardens.

E-Erith, He's coming. He's found me. We're running out of time.

Jack's eyes widen. "We have to tell the Guardians!" He grabs my hand and starts running. I yank my hand from his grip. "There's no point, they won't believe me." Jack Tilts his head, taking this in.

'That's true." He eventually admits. Then his eyes light up, "But they will believe me!"

You have to admit the boy has brains Talaha. I think to myself.

I don't wan't them to never believe me, I appreciate what Jack's doing, but I need to earn their respect for myself.

"Jack, I have to do this for myself. They have to believe ME. Not you. I'm sorry, it's how it has to be."

He looks shocked, but then nods slowely. "I'm sorry." Then he holds up hands and smirks, "Just trying to help." I smile, it's something Jackson would have done. I look up into his eyes and see only kindness. I missed him. I guess I never realised how much.

"Why are you so afraid of him?" Jack questions.

It's a question I've tried to answer myself but I could never find an answer to.

" I mean," Jack continues, " If your as powerful as the Guardians tell me you are then Erith should be the one who's afraid."

I was shocked, the Guardians told Jack I was powerful. I thought they hated me, maybe, maybe their just like me... Afraid.

"Jack."

He looks up and leans on his staff.

He tilts his head and when I look dumbfounded he just smiles.

"Jack," I repeat slower. He looks at me. 'Do you believe the guardians will listen to me?" He looks uncertain, but as quickly as that new emotion crossed his face, it's gone again. "I-I think. I think they.... Just have to.....

Believe."

I smile at him and he smiles back, for once... I don't feel afraid.

Jack is not a Guardian. Not really.

Nor is he evil.

Maybe North was right.... Maybe my past is clouding more than I thought.

Just maybe....

HEY GUYS!!! YUP, THAT'S RIGHT! I'VE UPDATED! HOPEFULLY I WILL MORE OFTEN AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY!!! I can't believe it's been almost 2 months!!! Sooooo sorry guys!!!