Level-6

Nine

"Phi please please please." I sighed looking at the whining Nong taling behind me like a lost puppy. 

"Joong if you continue this I might really be thinking of you as my pet dog." I teased him ignoring his pleading. 

"Phi~" He whined louder this time pouting. "You are so cruel." 

"Finally you realised what a cruel phi you have here." Dome commented from the kitchen.

"Ai'Dome do you want to get a kick?" I threatened him. Ben was outside placing orders, he had been quiet recently. Dome's laughter could be heard from outside making some customers to give us strange glances. 

"Phi don't you love me?" This sulky kid. It had been like this eversince he first talked with Clara. He has been too interested knowing about my boyfriend. If only he knew that my imaginary boyfriend was none other than Joong, himself. 

I tried to ignore the topic as much as I could but this whiny Nong was really persistent, pestering me with the same question for 3 days continuously.

He even stayed till the evening to ask me the same question.

"Why are you so interested about my boyfriend?" I asked continuing my work.

"I just wanted to know because I'm curious. Atleast tell me his name." He asked the same thing again and I shook my head. Impossible I couldn't answer this.

"Okay atleast tell me how he looks." He bargained. I sighed giving up or else this kid wouldn't stop.

"He is tall, handsome and well built." I described imagining Joong.

"That's not even something unique. There are many tall, handsome and well built Phi's here." He argued and from his tone I was sure he was frustrated making me feel happy suddenly.

Was he jealous of me? The thought itself made me feel butterflies in my stomach.

"Okay something else. I mean how is he?" He asked blocking my way as I was walking towards the kitchen.

"Nong let me do my work." I requested.

"Then answer me." See a stubborn puppy. 

"Okay this will be the last one." I stated before imagining him again and continued. 

"He is cute and sometimes like a small boy. But he is very caring. He loves me a lot. He is always smiling and energetic. He is also very warm and radiates warmth to the others who are close to him." And my answer perhaps satisfied him because he went silent after that, deep in thoughts. 

I took the oppurtunity to excuse myself and when came back he was still there standing having his head hung low. What was he thinking so much? I thought before smacking his head slightly.

"What is going on that stupid head of yours?" I asked teasing him but the thing he said next made me look at him in utter shock.

"Do you really love him Phi?" He had asked looking straight at my eyes with a strange emotion. And I was sure he wasn't joking, judging from the intense stare. Now I really wondered what was going on in his head.

It took me a second to finally utter a word. "Why?" I didn't knew whether it was an appropriate answer but that was all I could say under his heavy gaze.

"Just wanted to know. Do you? Do you really love your boyfriend?" The weight of his stare seemed to reduce a bit letting me relax. I took a deep breathe before nodding. He nodded back understanding.

"And do you really love Clara?" I couldn't hold back my question. Please Joong for once say no.

But he nodded breaking my heart again.

"Nine take the order to table 3." Dome called me, again saving me from the situation as I already could feel my eyes tearing up. 

And that is how I kept myself busy for the rest of the hours of work avoiding him from time to time. He answered the question so easily without even thinking.

"Nong you should go home now. We will be packing up now." I informed him.

"Let's go together naa." He requested before focussing back in his phone. Probably chatting with Clara. I nodded before going inside to pack my things. 

Dome and Joong were already outside talking and waiting for us while Ben and I went to P'Sun to inform him that we were finally leaving. Ben remained quiet the way he had been.

"Yes Phi." I could hear Joong's voice as we walked out.

"You will come tomorrow right?" Dome was asking Joong.

"Isn't it a weekend tomorrow?" Joong asked back rubbing his neck confused.

"Yes but tomorrow is Nine's birthday." Dome whispered but I could hear him pretty well.

 "Really its P'Nine's birthday?!" Joong exclaimed animatedly. 

"Tone down. Nine might hear." Dome whispered again making me shake my head. These two.

"I heard everything." I interrupted surprising them. 

"Oh Phi its your birthday tomorrow! I will definitely come and greet you." He said cheerfully making me smile too.

 I'll definitely hope for that. 

Don't break my hope please