Chapter Three ; Like real people do

Century Old wallpaper Curled at the ends of the walls, intricate patterns of delicate flowers that have stood the test of time. Anne's finger tips traced along the texture, studying the moulding. Swiftly down the hall she studied, right into Cole Mackenzie.

Anne had met three people so far, and each time, she had fallen into them. Anne had always been extremely observant of all the wrong things.

"Oh- I'm so sorry, I hadn't seen you there, I was gazing at the wall, it's so historic, I must've gotten caught up in my imagination I am offering you my deepest apologies."
She sputtered.

"It's a beautiful wall, but nothing compared to the Gardens, the landscaping is so engaging. Have you seen it?"

"I'm afraid not"

"I'll take you after the lesson, speaking of which, we ought to get going if we aren't to be late. I'm Cole by the way."

Anne was enamoured, he was easily a Kindred spirit, and a magnificent one at that.

"Are you some sort of engineer?"
Anne questioned as they continued down the hall.

"I'm just appreciative of fine works of art, and I try my best to create them as well."

"You're an artist!"
Anne said excitedly, looking forward to the friendship that was blossoming.

"May I ask, how close the kids are here? Will it be hard to get into y'all's good graces? I only want to be prepared."
Anne had worried about this deep into last night. After seeing Gilbert Drapped in Diana's door way in pajama's without a care of privacy, she had a feeling there wasn't much room to slip up.

"Close in proximity, and technically close in IQ, but very distant in Maturity. Some of the kids here are, interesting. Speaking of which, we're here."
Cole directed her to a door cracked open with a few low voices and giggles pouring out.

She walked in beside Cole and realized being the new girl at Lavendish would be unlike anything she'd ever endured.

She felt a plethora of eyes penetrating her soul, except one pair in the back, hazel. They refused to look up from his book. Lord of the flies. Perfect She thought to herself.

She made her way to a table with Cole, Luckily Diana sat there as well. Not so Luckily, as did Gilbert Blythe. A few other faces lit up at Anne's presence.

Another boy sat across, Curly black hair and a cheshire grin, he was making comments on the historic inaccuracies of some musical, to which a stout blonde girl was very offended by.

"His work was revolutionary to the Musical theatre industry and educated thousands! Hundreds of thousands!" Shouted the blonde girl, glancing at Gilbert every few seconds she spoke.

"Ask the new girl, I'll bet she admired his work."

"Alright then, hey new girl, are you stuck in 2017 obsessing over the musical Hamilton or are you normal?"
Asked Charlie from across the table.

Anne laughed at their argument.

"My names Ruby, I'm an enthusiast of anything Musical and the host of a strong hatred for anything- Charlie Sloan. Soon you will too"
An enlightening introduction from ruby sparked introductions around the table.

Already knowing Diana and her mildly creepy scientific based ability to read people's minds, and Cole's art brilliance. She was thrilled to meet so many people with so many passions.

Charlie could be Gilbert's brother, they look similar and seem to be incredibly close, and he was a huge History fanatic.

When it got to Gilbert, he refused to acknowledge the situation, in some sort of angsty teenage rebellion.

"That's Gilbert, he's having one of his Gilbert moments where he's decided he's to good for us. If he were being normal and listening, he would drag on and on about how he's going to, and I quote "cHanGe tHe FaCe oF MeDicIne"" Charlie Mocked.

"I'm reading, not deaf."
Gilbert was not at all happy with what was happening around him. For the first time, he had met a girl, a cute girl, that wasn't like his sister, and then she'd insulted him, and now she was involving herself in his friend group.

"Anne and Gilbert already know each other, not sure how, but there's some weird tension there. See the way he recoiled when she sat down, and she blushed when you said his name. This is textbook stuff, at least give me a challenge."
Diana joked.

Ruby looked quite hurt, she quickly distanced from the table and went to talk to another blonde girl across the room. Shortly after that, Charlie and Gilbert went to the restroom, no doubt so Charlie could plague him with questions about Anne.

"I know what you're thinking, it's a weird dynamic. Ruby has been in love with Gilbert essentially since they met. It has never been reciprocated but that would break her, so everyone keeps it a secret. Charlie on the other hand, is Gilbert's best friend, and is rather infatuated with ruby-"

"Diana dear, you're leaving out a detail, you as well, are included in this love pentagon."
Smiled Cole.

"This is all so, teenager- wait, do you have feelings for Gilbert?"
Anne sounded a little angry at the thought, it didn't take a psychologist to identify that, but it certainly helped.

"Not that I care, but, poor ruby."
She tried to play it off, poorly.

"No I sortve, have had this thing, for Charlie, ever since we came back from Christmas break last year. Please don't mention it, he has feeling for ruby and I don't want to make things weird, his friendship is important to me."

Anne was saddened to see her new friend think so lowly of herself, if someone would pass up dating a girl as beautiful, smart and radiant as Diana, then who could ever love Anne.

A little While Later, once Class was over and they were wall given time to themselves, Anne wandered back up to the hall her room was in. On a mission to find Diana and find some food, she yet again, walked into the wrong room.

This room was very clean and very pristine, with white bedding and white decorations, the only thing to give it personality were a few purple lights.

Sat on top of the bed was another blonde girl, the one Ruby had scurried away to talk with. Only this time she was sobbing, puffy eye'd and red nosed.

"Get out! Get out!"
She shouted at Anne, and suddenly, Anne realized, not everyone was going to be so friendly.

Anne quickly made her way out've the room, mumbling an apology, when she noticed a silver plaque on the door, with the name Josephine Pye.

Off the the Gardens to meet Cole she went.

Authors Note : This is so exciting !! Are you enjoying the plot so far? I know it's a bit out there and unlike others but i'm really enjoying writing it! I've set up so many subplots in this chapter that i'm so thrilled to extend to the rest of the book. Let me know, based on first look, who should Charlie end up with, Ruby or Diana ?!?! What're your thoughts, theories, questions. I'm so Ecstatic to hear them. Anyways, let me know !! Comment & Vote please! I love reading the comments.

Sincerely, Luna