Chapter Ten : Look what we became

Josie had long blonde hair, and blue eyes deep enough to fall into. Beauty was her saving grace, with a face that made men stare, she never needed to develop her image as the strong and bright woman she was.

She had been accepted into the most prestigious school in the world for her incredible ability to understand the most complex equations, she could acquire answers from problems that looked like alphabet soup to others, she was brilliant, but too everyone else, nothing more than a princess.

Her purpose in life was to marry a man, and establish a new generation of well-known and respected Pye's. She had created a life for herself, poured all of her dreams into a vat of wet cement and prepared to walk along the concrete.

Alone in her room she sobbed. How could she face her parents, tell them that the one thing they were counting on her for, was no longer a capability.

She was weak.

Broken self esteem and no support to turn to, she laid on her floor for hours. She didn't attend class or tend to herself. The room got dark and cold, she never moved, she starred at the ceiling, with nothing left in her.

Taylor Swift had never prepared Diana for the agony of watching the person you loved, love someone else. After months of blonde envy, she had nothing left.

It was no secret that she could read people like a book. Keeping in tune with the development of Charlie's feelings for another, only left her cold and alone.

She had built up a world for herself each night when she fell asleep, creating scenarios where he realized it was her all along. She awoke with hope each morning, only to feel her heart crushed when her longing stares were never reciprocated.

Crazy in an unrequited love wasn't so sweet. Tragical and All.

Alone on her floor, surrounded by a plethora of blankets and old photo albums, laid Diana. She had given herself entirely to Charlie, surviving  only on the validation he didn't have to give.

Tear stained and alone, she was empty.

It was around four am now, and on that rainy thursday morning, not a soul was asleep.

Twisted in bed sheets and wrapped around each other laid Billy and Cole. Discussing everything from the weather to politics, the past and their future.

"Do you believe in soulmates?"
Asked Billy, comfortably gazing towards the ceiling like so many others, awaiting a response.

"I believe some people are more compatible than others, but soulmates might be a bit much."
Cole responded.

"I believe in in soulmates."
Billy said happily.

Content as ever, they drifted asleep.

Charlie and Ruby were wide awake, listening to music and playing relentless rounds of 20 questions. Praying to god their devices wouldn't die so they didn't have to discover the things that were said in the silence.

"Do you believe in movie love?" Questioned Ruby, with a pout on her lips.

"Well what do you mean?"
Charlie Asked.

"Like, Movie Love. Passionate and Cinematic. A love that can only be described through a montage of poorly edited clips and a classic soundtrack."  Ruby described.

"To die by your side is such a heavenly way to die."

"yes exactly like that ! A love that makes you want to sing along to the smiths." She said excitedly.

"Yeah, I do."

For the first time, Charlie swore he saw something more than platonic in her eyes, in the way she giggled and sighed, there was surely something there that wasn't there before.

What else was there for Josie to
do than regain her composure, and find a solution. With no one to hurt but herself, she sought out a solution, another man. She needed to reinvent herself, become someone detached from Billy, someone desirable.

She forced herself up and down the hall. Through the dark and behind a door, she found Diana, mirroring how she had just laid, sprawled about and alone.

She had never noticed how beautiful Diana's eyes were when they glistened.  Oh what a painful realization that would come to be.

Hey Guys !! I know it's been like 4 days since i published a chapter, and this chapter is short, i've just been super super busy. I promise to become more consistent when posting. Love you guys, let me know what you think of this chapter.

Sincerely Luna