Chapter Four : The house of prisims

"I don't understand why you're being this way"
Gilbert was one of the most polite and Charming people Charlie knew, he often got caught up in his books but that was universally endearing.

"She said something to me."
Gilbert refused to meet Charlie's eyes. He Sullenly memorized the cracks in the decade old sink while his friend processed what to say next.

"What could she have said to make you act like this?"

"She called me Dim-Witted."
He was hardly audible.

"Oh."

Off In the garden sat Anne and Diana, Gossiping relentlessly, as far as first days, this had been the most eventful Lavendish had ever seen.

"I'm sorry, tell it again. You walked in on Josie doing WHAT?"
Diana clung to Anne's Words.

"She was crying."

Diana couldn't believe what she had heard. Josephine Pye did not, nor did she ever, cry. That was simply unheard of.

While Diana was mesmerized by the information, she'd completely forgotten they were meeting Cole in the Garden as well.

So much had happened in the past few days, even Diana was taking a moment to process everything.

"Hello Goddesses Devine, it is I, your lord and Savior."
Said Cole while making himself comfortable on the blanket sprawled across the grass.

"What have you done to Diana?"

Diana, had yet to acknowledge Coles presence, and sat with her jaw dropped for the next few moments. Almost like clock-work, she snapped outve it when something more interesting started circling her brain.

"Cole!"
she blossomed.

"Don't think you can get away with changing topics from our conversation last night."

"What conversation last night?"
Asked Anne politely. She had never had friends before, group conversations were entirely foreign to her.

"Cole here, had himself a summer romance and refuses to indulge me with details."

"It was hardly a romance we just hooked up Diana, not everything needs to be analyzed."
Cole rolled his eyes, he was used to her nonsense.

"You went from being my best friend and a virgin to being secretive and a man-whore all in one summer, it is absolutely the biggest deal".
Diana was evidently very fond of anything and everything she could create a thesis for. Depicting why people do the things they did was her favourite hobby, and when the things are shocking, it's a million times more accomplishing when she pieces it together.

When it was obvious Cole wasn't budging, Diana Decided to change the tides of the conversation.

"In other news, Anne caught Josie crying, Ill bet her and billy broke-"

"WHAT?"
Cole Interrupted.

"I- I have to go."
Cole's eyes widened as he scampered away,
back into the building.

"What was that all about?"

"Maybe Josie's the one he hooked up with." After that, both the girls burst into a fit of giggles.

"Alright Anne, I've been waiting for you to tell me, but i need to know. What happened between you and Gilbert?" Diana was practically suffocating, pretending she wasn't racking her brain trying to dissect their interactions.

"It was a misunderstanding, I thought he was trying to get me in trouble, so i called him a dim-witted, sheltered, Steven hawking wanna be"

"Oh, Anne. His mother called him a dim-wit when she- well, when she left."

Authors Note : Hurting my comfort characters is painful but necessary sometimes. My heart aches for Gilbert, but i look forward to writing about his healing process and how Anne is apart of it, or is she? What're your Cole theories? and why was Josie Crying?
I know there wasn't a lot of Charlie, Diana, Ruby, Gilbert, Anne Love Pentagon going on here but trust the next episode will have it heavily. Once again, who should Charlie end up with? I personally love the thought of Ruby and Charlie, If that's where this story takes me I look forward to developing that, but in that case, who should Diana end up with. Let me know !! Comment and Vote !!