Chapter Sixteen : so in love pt.2

Dancing, Spinning, Gliding effervescently around the ball room, moving in unison as if they were the only two people in the world. She'd been dancing with Moody all night, she even shared a few twirls with Dianna, why did this imply so much more. Sharing a dance with Gilbert Blythe wasn't just a dance, it was the start of something, the start of everything.

"yes, i think i will."
That was all Gilbert needed to hear, he was more than ecstatic, he was nervous as hell.

In his wildest dreams, the most he expected was a giggle followed by a nice try. This was, unexpected to say the least.

He reached for her hand, her fingertips trashing his wrist as she grasped for a tighter grip, sent shivers up his spine, leaving goosebumps in their wake.

Together they trotted to the middle of the floor, all eyes on them, but theirs merely glued to each other. As the previous song came to a close, the intensity climaxed, what song would the DJ choose, worry struck both Gilbert and Anne, this was the song to set the mood for their unspoken relationship, just as they were about to explode, it played.

This DJ must've been going through an Ed Sheeran Phase, that or he was dreadfully so, a hopeless romantic.

As the rhythm sped up, the two danced around the room in perfect harmony, as Anne spun around the room, she excitedly kept focus on one point during each turn to keep her steady, the hazel eyes starring back at her.

Along with the pace of the song, every few verses, it slowed, just long enough for their hearts to race in bewilderment with wonder of what all this meant.

Time Starts to Still
When you are in my arms it always will

hummed the song
and spun the girl

as the song came to a close, Gilbert recognized this as one of those moments you'll always remember, or always regret. He was never someone to leave well enough alone, so he went for it.

And life, life is changin' tides

With the perfect mixture of passion and grace, he cupped her cheek with one hand and her waistline with the other, peering into her eyes, looking, longing, hoping, that she was doing the same.

"Gil I-"

An interruption, a kiss. Shared between the two, for whatever Anne intended on saying was unspoken between their lips. Regardless of the future, in this moment, they were full.

Is this the shortest chapter I've ever written...maybe. Has it been five months since i've updated and i'm randomly returning...maybe. Is this the end of act one and the start to an new era....maybe. Glad to be back, missed you guys, hope the old fans of this book can find their way back. And by the way, the song Gilbert and Anne Danced too is tides by Ed Sheeran.

Love you Always, Luna