Chapter Six : The Heart is a Mirror

Why the hell is everyone so emotional at this school. I'm an orphan and I don't cry this much.  Anne thought while walking down the hall to her room, she swore she heard sniffling from the other side of a door. As much as Anne liked to think she was rational, she was not, and cried just as much if not more than the general public.

A few hours went by, filled with poems and art. Dissecting Literature and memorializing it in words as well as vibrant Colours.

Loneliness creeped into Anne's heart and for the first time, she was able to change that. She strolled down the hall to her bosom friend Diana's quarters, knocking on the door before she went in.
Why the hell don't people knock on doors here

Diana and Anne got on really easily, talking for hours about people and movies, when suddenly, things took a turn for the dark.

"Anne, have you ever been to therapy?" What an unusual question for Diana to ask, but then again, a psychologist in the making didn't have many emotional boundaries.

Anne recoiled.
"Uhm, I went to this, counselling program? For a short time when i was 14, I didn't like it much."

"For a person with so much trauma who loves to talk, you sure do seem against the thought of talking about your trauma."

"You see Diana, I love talking about fiction, it's the greatest distraction from a shitty reality." Anne sounded.......comfortable, which was unexpected to the both of them. Anne was starting to open up to someone about why she did the things she did.  Progress as Diana would call it.

Nonetheless, Diana Didn't want to push, all would reveal itself in time.

"So tell me about how you plan on fixing things with Gilbert. In a house with only 13 kids, it's probably best not to start off on the wrong foot."
Diane Started

"Do you think I can? Fix things, I mean. He was so kind to me that first night, and so smart, I felt like I finally had someone to keep up......I mean, do you think he'll forgive me?" Anne rambled.

"Anne, Do you like Gilbert?"

"Absolutely not! He keeps insulting my hair and he's far too sensitive. In fact, I dislike him, i just don't want a bad reputation."
That was a lie, and everyone but Anne would come to realize that soon, far sooner than Anne would like.

"It's alright Anne. Besides, I have news. A theory if you would, I think Josie is the one Cole is hooking up with. My money says that she was crying because Cole told her he was going to tell Billie about everything that had happened."

"That would make so much sense, and explain why Billie won't even look at Cole. Diana you're a genius."

"Of course I- Oh shit! I was supposed to meet the group for lunch like ten minutes ago. Do you want to come? It could give you an opportunity to make amends."
Diana Startled, standing up and collecting her things.

The two headed down the hall and stairs into the formal dining room where they found their friends seated around a table.
Ruby, Charlie, Gilbert, Cole and soon to be Diana and Anne were all talking amongst themselves, snacking on an assortment of things all terrible for their health.

The group joked around for an hour or so, slowly but surely Gilbert started to acknowledge and even talk to Anne again. Soon enough everyone was ready to depart and head their separate ways, before Gilbert could leave, Anne had pulled him into the kitchen.

"Hey Uhm, I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been so mean to you, I thought you were trying to get me in trouble and that's really no excuse i just don't trust people easily but you were very nice and, well I'm sorry." She stumbled through her words and refused to meet his eyes.

"Apology not accepted."
He said coldly

Anne could feel her pulse quicken, she felt exposed and unprotected, her vision started to go fuzzy when suddenly he smiled.

"C'mon Carrots, I was just joking."
He chuckled.

"Gil I swear to god if you say that one more damn time-"

"Gil?"
He questioned

"Oh sorry I just, I mean, I call Diana Di and i got used to the nickname thing, I didn't-"

"No it's okay, I just haven't been called that in a really long time."
Anne was starting to remind Gilbert of his mother in many many ways.

Hey everyone !! How are we feeling about the story, I don't want to give everything away to quickly but i still want to keep it interesting. Are y'all enjoying the way i'm developing the story? Any questions? Any suggestions? Don't forget to vote and comment! Also to the two people who keep commenting, i literally refresh wattpad every minute until y'all have read and commented, it always makes my day.

Sincerely Luna