Chapter Seven ; She is Power

Moody Spurgeon was a tall, delightfully funny and Kind young man. A bit silly from time to time and perpetually lacking in common sense but overwhelmingly calculated when it came to engineering. From the day he was born, he was faced with the battle of being enough. He comes from a fine family, all with fine jobs and a fine life, they were happy, and funny, and underestimated. Even while attending the most prestigious school in the world, his parents couldn't see his potential.

He had managed to fly under the radar for most of his life, he kept his circle small and was a friend to everyone but had few friends in return, none could say he wasn't lovable.

Anne and Moody were one in the same in a way, both nobodies dying to be taken seriously. Moody was a friendly nobody, taken advantage of and used, while Anne was an angry nobody, discarded with the rest of the small town trash.

On a rainy Sunday Afternoon near a creek somewhere long since forgotten in the woods, Stood Anne. Perched against a tree with a cigarette in hand, disturbed look on her face and discomfort bubbling over her brim.
With hands in his brown corduroy pants, shuffled Moody towards his new and incredibly intimidating classmate.

"My Pop says those will kill you." He started, revealing himself in the light.

Shit, she thought, quickly dropping and pressing the bud out with her beat up shoes.

"He's Right. Sorry to be in your way, I didn't know anyone else came here."

"As far as I know, I'm the only one, and you're not in my way, fair is fair, you're here first."
He laughed lightly. Moody had never seen a teenager act like Anne did, he saw the rebellious stereotype portrayed in cult classics like the breakfast club but this was real, he was fascinated to say the least.

"It's peaceful isn't it, the way the sun glistens down and sparkles on the stream, all the animals at Harmony, almost makes me feel guilty for disrupting their tranquility to observe it but i can't help myself, I guess i'm selfish in that way."

"I agree, It's where I come to think."
He responded, walking closer to Anne, almost as if he was performing a recon mission.

"Me too."
She said quietly, interrupting her very train of thought to respond.

"You've only been here but two weeks, what could you have to think about?"  He questioned.

"That is a long story, to which I wouldn't want to bore you with."

"I got time."

For the next few hours, Anne finally felt relived. If the therapy Diana Suggested was anything like this, perhaps she should look into it. Anne didn't bother to indulge him in the dark complexities of her past, she strictly informed him of the Lavendish Drama she'd somehow become wrapped up in.

It had been a long long time since Anne had talked and someone listened, in fact, the only other time she'd ever felt paid attention to was her first night at the school, talking in circles with Gilbert, and this was no different than that, it was two friends talking, and yet she couldn't quite pinpoint why it felt worlds apart. 

The heat that used to float upon Canada was being replaced with an autumn breeze, one which Anne wasn't prepared for. As their conversation started to come to its end, Anne felt a shiver go down her spine. It had dropped nearly 20 degrees and she was only in a short sleeved T-Shirt. Moody being the gentlemen he was, offered his jacket. 

Anne kindly Declined, insisting that she enjoyed feeling one with Nature.

"Really Annie, It's cold out. If you died of hypothermia on my watch they'd probably make me leave the school."

"Fine." Anne settled, draping the jacket over her shoulders. Although it was young, Anne already valued her friendship with Moody greatly, he was detached from her regular mess, yet he would always be a few doors down if she needed him.

Not only was he a good listener, but he wasn't judgmental and enjoyed nature. Anne had found herself many Kindred Spirits as of recently, and she couldn't be more grateful.

She ran along back to the school and into the mess haul to meet with her beloved friends for supper.

"Anne!"
Greeted Diana, gesturing for Anne to take the seat in between her and Ruby.

"That looks just like Moody's jacket, I always thought the distressed brown leather was super cute."
Ruby added.

"Oh it is, I forgot to give it back to him before I left, someone remind me to return it when I leave please."
Replied Anne, Hapily as ever, for the first time, it felt like she was having a perfect day.

Gilbert was not.

His jaw clenched, His veins popped and his masculinity felt threatened. What a shame. The only two to notice were Charlie and Ruby, both with wildly different reactions.

"Hey Gilbert come help me carry out the drinks."
Demanded Charlie, dragging his friend away.

"Dude what the Hell, first you hate Anne then y'all are friends and now you're angry that she's wearing a jacket? We're supposed to be too mature for this, but honestly, shit is entertaining, so give me the run down." Charlie said to Gilbert, analyzing his expressions.

"I think she's being preyed on, she's been here like two weeks. He shouldn't be trying to rope her into a relationship when they'll be stuck in a house together for two years."
Gilbert responded exasperatedly.

"It worked for Billie and Josie."
Charlie pointed out, examining Gilbert again for a sudden outburst.

"Bro they broke up."

"Shit really? That's cra-"

"I can take care of myself!"
Anne snapped at Gilbert while entering the kitchen. Charlie Took this as his hint to leave.

Anne pushed past Gilbert to exit the kitchen from the other side and precociously headed up to to Moody's Room to return his Jacket and hopefully find a friend.

Hey Guys !! I am exhausted and have Finals in the morning, I really care about the moody-anne friendship and hope that my sleep deprivation didn't ruin its origins. What do we think so far? Honestly my favorite part was the Gilbert and Charlie Conversation, their friendship is stellar. What're y'all's suggestions? Don't forget to comment and vote !

Sincerely Lune <3