Chapter Fifteen ; so in love pt.1

Blonde hair fell down her shoulders and to her back, eyes glowing like the moon that shone over the building. Their feet moved in perfect harmony, dancing on a cloud of steam, all eyes watching the way they moulded into each other's movements. With the world around them spinning, everyone was drawn to their magnetism.

Together they moved, in a room of many but as if they were the only ones in the world.

Ruby had been worried about this dance for her entire life, whether she would make the right steps or her dress would ripple in the wind elegantly, but suddenly, looking into his eyes, all her worries melted away. All she could feel were his watching hers so gently, and the rhythm coursing through the two in perfect melody.

It was magical, something she couldn't have dreamt in her deepest sleep, but this reality was much better than anything that's happened while she was /asleep/.

From her deep slumber she awoke, startled and unsure of what these feelings meant, the blush creeping up her neck and the buzzing in her stomach intensified. Suddenly they weren't the only two in the room, it was her, the boy she loved, and everyone around them waiting for everything to fall apart.

She couldn't love him

no.

she wouldn't love him

no.

she wants to love him

no.

he doesn't love her?

Her magical moment ended in insufferable confusion, a polite nod and half smile ended their interaction before she ran off to the gardens, so much to be decided, so much to run away from.

Raven Envy. Blue eyes and long blonde hair Diana would never have, waltzed hang in hand with Charlie around the dance floor, a beautiful Pink satin gown clung to her curves, the same curves Charlie's fingertips traced as he spun her around the dance floor.

As much as Diana wanted, as hard as she tried, she would never encapsulate the natural beauty Ruby was born with. All her life, Diana was handed things, boys fell at her feet and opportunities laid themselves in front of her, but the first time she truly cared about something, it was ripped away.

She couldn't bare watch as her dreams floated around someone else, the glimmer in Charlie's eyes were too much to handle, she'd known it all along but watching everyone else see their true love unfold was a pain she'd never known. She had to get out of there, and so she ran, all the way to the grove on the far ends of the ground. It was dark and cold, autumn winds picking up harshly, she fell to the ground under the tree, tears glistening in her eyes, until a familiar silhouette rounded the corner.

"C'mon Annie, what is it you're running from?"
Moody asked, twirling Anne around the dance floor in her basken blue dress with a light layer of tule that added a mesmerizing affect to each spin.

"It's like dancing, it's beautiful to watch and fun to do, but when i think about the steps i trip myself up and fall over in front of everyone."
Anne rambled.

Gilbert was entranced, watching as Anne floated across the dance floor, wishing more than anything it was his arms that guided her.

"What's the worst that could happen, genuinely Annie think about it, if you fall over, you get back up."

"You make everything sound like it belongs in a lifetime movie, moods"

"Oh i didn't tell you? they actually recruited me to the school for my unprecedented greeting card quoting."

With that they both laughed, feeling lighter on their feet and lighter in their hearts.

So much hung over Anne's head, the night had just began and so many decisions beckoned for her answer, for the first time she wouldn't be able to run away but more importantly, for the first time, what's passed is past.

Curls, perfect curls with a perfect ribbon holding them in place on a perfect girl. Unbeknownst to Josie, Diana was watching her closely, overwhelmed by the cliches and enteral love bull shit, they both needed a break, room to breathe, and so they ran, right into each other.

Under the disguise of the night, they sat under the tree in almost silent solace.

"Diana, is that you?"
Josie started, walking towards to the brunette with crossed arms and teary eyes.

Quick to wipe her own and gather composure, Diana responded.

"Oh, Hello Josie, didn't see you there, sorry."
Lies

"you look a little bent out've shape."

"oh it's nothing i was just-"

"Charlie and ruby?"

"yeah."
Diana responded solemnly.

"Not to hate on your parade but, you're like, ten times to9 pretty for him and a literal genius, what exactly do you see in him, other then consistency."
Josie rambled.

"It's not that, i mean, sure, for a time i was interested, but now it's just the sharp pain that no one, including him, wants me."

"Diana that's not true."
Her tone serious, looking up to meet Diana's eyes.

"Really? Cause i don't see anyone lining up to dance with me."
She shot back.

With that, disregarding the implications and the future, Josie reached out her hand , and suddenly, someone was in line.

"Hey red, nice dress."
Gilbert flirted, trying to keep his cool and not reveal the undeniable fact that he'd been gawking at that dress for the past two hours.

"Glad you think so."
She responded, cocking an eyebrow at his sparky and excited expression.

"Will you dance with me Anne?"

Hey Besties, how do we feel about the ball PT.1, i know it's incredibly awaited and i haven't updated in weeks and it's split into two parts, i promise i'll try to get the second part out before like, another week passes. Also, in case you want a list of the songs they were dancing too

Charlie & Ruby - Tenerife Sea
Anne & Moody - Begin Again

Stay tuned to find out what everyone else dances or doesn't dance too, i also, still, don't have an anne and gilbert song chosen, pls help.

Love, Luna