Oops, I did it again

I was walking home and things haven't been that great in my household. First of all, my dad and Elizabeth have been spending a lot of time together. I guess you can expect that because she's pregnant. Though in the midst of all this I feel left out. I might sound selfish, but it's true. He's acting like I'm not even in the room. He not even acknowledging it.

So I'm here in my room right now just scrolling through Instagram when Tom barges into my room like a bull. " Can you at least knock," I said with annoyance in my voice. " Hey, drop the attitude young lady," he said in a stern voice. " Hey, you can at least do me a favor and knock," I said under my breath. " Anyway, I came here to ask you if you wanted to go to the doctor's, Elizabeth and I are going right now for her appointment." " Fine, I'll come," I said annoyed.

It was silent on the way there. Honestly, it was awkward. The only noise was from Tom and Elizabeth talking and laughing. They were talking about how big her stomach was and what the baby's gender might be and what they will name him or her. I just stared out of the window. When I first got adopted by Tom I thought that it was going to be just me and him. It's not that I'm not happy for him and Elizabeth, but I feel like he doesn't care about me anymore. 

Elizabeth's stomach was slightly bigger than I expected for 18 weeks. I mean then again, I don't know anything about pregnancy. Although we're learning about that in science. Once we arrived at the doctor's office we sat there waiting for the doctor to call us in. After a couple of minutes, they finally called our Elizabeth's name. We walked into the room. The doctor, I think his name is Dr. Cloud. Weird name. Anyway, he asked Elizabeth to lay down on the table. Once she laid down, he began to put the gel on her stomach spread it around. He then took the weird stick thingie and moved it around on her stomach. We then looked at the screen. We saw the baby. It was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. It was incredible to think that that's how I was born. Wow.

After the ultrasound, Dr. Cloud wiped off the gel and helped her sit up. He then started to talk about the things they needed to do while Elizabeth's pregnant. " Well, come see me back in four weeks for your next appointment," said Dr.Cloud while typing something into his computar. " How is it, is the baby healthy," Tom asked worried. " Oh, they're fine," said Dr.Cloud smiling. " They," Elizabeth asked with wide eyes. In my head I swear I was " Wait, HOLD UP." 

" Yes, your having twins," he said. Tom looked like he was about to pass out. I think I was about to pass out. Elizabeth looked so excited. She then glanced at me. I wanted her to think I was happy so I put a fake smile on my face.  She then came over to me and hugged me. I leaned into the hug. " Alex, this is so excting," she said kissing my forehead. " I'm excited for you," I lied. 

Back at the house, Tom kept talking about how lucky he was to have a beautiful girlfriend and two beautiful children on the way. I was feeling kind of sad. He didn't even mention me. I'm his child too. Maybe not flesh and blood, but I'm still his daughter. He had called his family right when we got home. Everyone was so happy for them. I left the room and sat on the couch.

I was on my phone when Tom and Elizabeth came in. " Alex, can you please move Elizabeth needs to sit there," he said while having his hand on Elizabeth's back. "What, I was sitting here first," I said kind of getting irritated. " Why can she just sit somewhere else." " Because it's the most comfortable couch, the other couches are too hard for her back," he said calmly. " Well, that isn't my problem now is it," I said throwing up my hand in frustration. " Alex, move," he said starting to raise his voice. " Fine, have fun with your new life," I said getting up and brushing past him. When I was walking past Elizabeth she showed hurt in her eyes. 

I wish I was with mom

A/N

Hey guys, I hope you guys had a nice week. Love you guys and keep being strong. Also please don't forget to write in the comments. Have a great SUMMER! BYE!