Adoption Day

Today is adoption day. Yayyyyyyyy! ( Note of sarcasm). All us kids have to wear something nice always on adoption day. So I decide to wear this. ( The picture above). I wear a grey shirt, blue jeans,  brown belt, white sneakers, and a little bit of makeup. When I'm finished I do my hair.

 When I'm finished I do my hair

I decided to keep it down. My hair is pretty long. I then headed downstairs to where we usually meet for when it is adoption day. Then Miss. Harrington, ( She's the owner of the orphanage), said we have to be on our best behavior because of someone special coming today.

She lines us up from youngest to oldest. I'm in front of the line because I'm the oldest obviously. Then someone walks in. Not just anyone, my idol. Tom Holland. Wait hold on for a second. Tom Holland wants to adopt a kid. This is unbelievable. As I try to contain my excitement, I then start to think, " Why would Tom Holland want to adopt me, I'm a teenager and these days no one wants a teenager".  

Tom Holland walks down the line of kids and asks questions like, " how old are you" or, " what's your favorite color". Finally, he gets to me. When he gets to me I'm like sweating bullets. He then asks, " Hello darling my name is Tom Holland, do you mind if I ask you some questions about yourself". "Sure" I replied. " Ok, can you tell me your name". " Alexsandra Marie Carson," I said. " Ok, what's your favorite color". " Yellow," I said. " How old are you," he asked. " Fifteen" I replied. " Wow," he said while staring me right in the eye. " What," I asked confused. " Haha, no it's just that's the age I was looking for," he said while smiling at me with this smirk. " Oh ok," I said still a little confused. " Will you let me adopt you?" he asked.

I just stood there like an idiot shocked by what he had just asked me. Then before I knew I was crying. Not because I was sad, they were tears of happiness. " Yes, thank you so much" I cried. "Thank you for letting me adopt you, love," he said with that British accent.

I ran up to my room that I stay in and started to pack. " I'm going to live with a celebrity," I thought while I packed. I didn't have much so I put everything in a backpack and headed downstairs to meet my new dad. He'd already signed the legal papers so we were ready to go.

 I said goodbye to Miss. Harrington. I had lost my hope but look at what happened to me. I'm going to be living with a celebrity. As we left the orphanage and got into his car, ( I don't know what kind of car he has sooooo), thoughts were racing in my mind. " Would he like me", "Would things change", " Would he think of me as his daughter".

 I pondered the last thought. I mean we kind of look alike. I have brown hair and brown eyes. I don't look like him in the face though.

Little did Alex know that there is an adventure waiting for her ahead. Everything in her life, her world would change from wrong to right.