● 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ●

|

𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑: 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄

|

Asgard

Asgard

Loki and Nolahni were secretly in love. They never told each other. She, and his mother, were his only source of happiness whenever he felt wronged by the unfair treatment he received, compared to his brother.

Frigga and Thor seemed to have noticed their love for each other, and did their best to bring them together, yet seemed to fail each time, they seemed to want to keep things that way.
The question was, why would they? They were perfect together and for each other, what could possibly keep them apart?

In reality, they thought it was for the best. Loki believed he was undeserving of her love, that she was too good for him, and Nolahni did not want the darkness in her to harm him. She had been told since she was a child that the darkness in her could end up being noxious, it might end up consuming her. And even if it did, she didn't want it to consume Loki too. He deserved better than this.

On the other side, Odin was trying to get Thor to find himself a lady. He had been thinking that Lady Sif or Nolahni would suit him best as a partner, and Frigga was trying to get him to cross the latter from the list. When he'd ask her why, she'd answer by "do not take that away from him too". And Odin never knew what she referred to.

But one day, it came to Odin's sons and their friends' attention that the Allfather wished for Nolahni to marry Thor. The seven friends were in shock.

The three soldiers weren't saying much as they were all standing in a secluded area of the palace. Sif was standing by Nola's side, letting the brunette lay her head on her shoulder while she was embracing her figure. The warrior had realized a while ago that the Novarkian had indeed feelings for one of Odin's sons but it wasn't the one she expected. Yet she was glad, not because of jealousy but because Nolahni brought out the best in Loki, that was a fact.

"What now?" Thor finally broke the silence.

"What do you mean?" Hogun questioned.

"What are we supposed to do?"

"Nothing." Nolahni spoke, slowly detaching herself from Sif, getting everyone's attention. "It isn't a final decision, the Allfather had simply been thinking about arranging the marriage, it does not mean it will happen."

"Do you want it to happen?" Loki was staring at her, emotionless expression, eyes glaring into her soul.

"Of course not." She answered without hesitation, before turning to the blonde God. "No offense, Thor."

"Do not worry, none taken. I understand, I do not wish to marry you either Dove, you're simply my dearest friend."

"Now that we've established that, how do we make your father understand you two prefer stay friends?" Fandral asked.

"It shouldn't be a problem, Odin might oppose a marriage but he wouldn't force one on him." She pointed at Thor.

A few guards cut their conversation. "Nolahni Adrasdottir, please follow us to the throne room."

The brunette raised an eyebrow and glanced at her friends before walking away, leaving six very worried people behind.

Arriving in the throne room, the guards left. Nolahni walked closer to the throne where Odin was sitting and bowed respectfully.

"Allfather, you requested my presence?"

"I believe you've heard of my will of making you the next queen of Asgard." His sentence did not seem like a question, yet the young lady nodded. "What do you think of the matter?"

He was asking for her opinion?

"Your Majesty, if I may, I suggest you look for other candidates."

"Why is that?"

"Well, Thor and I simply cannot imagine ourselves as spouses. And with my past and my origins, there could be further complications. If I become queen, Asgard will be a target for Valdnarkians."

"Brilliant move." Had whispered Loki as him and the other five were listening in the conversation secretly.

"I see." He hummed and nodded, lost in thoughts. "You may leave." She bowed and walked away.

Outside the throne room, her eyes feel on her friends who were spying on her.
"Curiosity killed the cat." She smiled.

"Has he dropped the thought?" Thor asked.

"He might have, I believe you heard that I gave him a good reason to keep me away from the throne." She shrugged and started walking towards the library, followed by Loki while the five others went to train.

It was a habit. For Loki and Nolahni to just sit together, book in hands, quietly enjoying the peace.

"How is Loragon?" Loki didn't usually engage conversations, which was why she left an eyebrow in confusion.

"He is well. Prefers his miniature form because it allows him to sneak on me. Green dragons are playful."

"Do your people communicate with them?"

"Of course. On my planet, dragons weren't pets, or means of transport. They were friends who proved their loyalty to us."

"What about them? What was in for them?" He closed his book, intrigued.

"A new friend." She paused, putting her book away too. "And a lifelong protection." Upon seeing his confused face, she continued. "The people of Novark are either warriors or mages. It is how they were born. And in exchange for each other's friendship, they swear to protect each other with their lives. Though for the king's family, it is quite different, we were born warriors but also inherited magical abilities, which makes the bond stronger."

"Hold on.. Loragon and you did that?"

"Naturally."

"No." He stood up. "Break it. Now."

"I cannot simply break a promise this big that has been kept for centuries, Loki." She frowned.

"You will not die for a dragon." He shook his head in disapproval.

"Well no, I won't, because I am not in danger and neither is he." She stared at him then stood up too, walked to him and held his face in her hands. "What's wrong?"

"When I found him, I just thought he would bring you joy, I never wanted to make you do that." He looked down.

"Loki.." She called softly. "It is in our traditions, and I am very happy to be able to continue them, despite being away from my home. When I came here, I felt like an outsider for some time, which I technically was. Loragon being with me makes me feel at my place."

"You were always at your place here." He kissed her forehead before resting his against hers. "You are home."

|●|

Honestly, they make me so soft.