● 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 ●

|

|

𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐑𝐊 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄

Midgard

It is quite interesting how an excessive amount of wind felt suffocating. Nolahni had always enjoyed riding winged horses, but with the absence of the reassurance that the animal would be ready to catch her at any moment, her fall felt far from liberating. She was falling fast to what would probably be her death if she did not do anything about it.

Sure, Nolahni was not a human, but she was also nowhere near Thor’s invulnerability. His strength overpowered Humans, Asgardians, Frost Giants, and a variety of other species from and beyond the Nine Realms. She believed him to be even stronger than her own father but would not dare speak of it. It would be disrespectful to Adras, the God of Violence and War.

Being the daughter of two superhuman beings would not save her from that chute.

Quickly clearing her mind, she forcefully turned around, now facing the approaching ground. Her eyes turned purple as she used her powers to generate a force-field around herself, stopping the chute and causing her to levitate. Her hair that had been forcefully pushed upwards due to gravity fell down while she took a deep breath.

She was still pretty high in the sky so she slowly straightened her posture, lowering herself to the ground while looking around for any signs of her best friend that had been dropped a few moments before her. It was to no use. She wasn’t going to find him like that. 

Remembering a trick Frigga had taught her as a child, while she was playing around with the boys, she wondered if it would work outside Asgard. While keeping the purple force-field up, she focused on conjuring a form of pure energy within her that manifested in the form of a butterfly. It was a form of Asgardian Magic.

“Find Thor.” She told the white butterfly that started to flap its wings, flying away to its wanted target.

Following close behind, she silently thought over the events that occured. Too many things happened in a short span of time. She knew more were to come, but she wished it wasn’t enough to trigger the Dark Magic. A man just died because of her husband. The last thing she wanted was for more people to get harmed and fear her people. She needed to keep control to the best of her abilities. They cannot allow another loss like that.

Lost in thoughts, it took her a few seconds to realize that the butterfly had disappeared. Looking down, she noticed Thor, walking towards his hammer, then stopping. Nolahni let the force field dissipate when she reached the ground, and she quietly walked up to him, sensing his hesitation.

“You fear you are no longer worthy.” She spoke, causing him to snap his head towards her in surprise. But he did not say anything. “You are not to blame for what happened.”