● 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 ●

|

𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐈𝐓

|

Asgard

Asgard

Nolahni had watched her husband leave Asgard in the morning from the balcony of his room. So she made her way to the bridge, and stood near the Observatory, waiting for his return. Heimdall had seen her, without even looking at her. But that was his specialty, wasn't it? To see everything in the Nine Realms. She wondered how much the burden weighed on him.

He had turned, and she could distinguish him nod, mostly because his horned headdress shifted before he turned back to watch the scenery.

A few moments had passed and she saw the Observatory turn, signaling that the gate was opening. From afar she saw Loki exchange a few words with Heimdall before ordering him to keep the Bifrost closed until he fixed his brother's mistakes.

The Queen noticed how her husband froze for a second when he saw her but he quickly recovered and continued walking. Understanding that he would not stop, she waited for him to reach her and then walked by his side.

"Where have you been?" She questioned.

"Jotunheim." He replied simply.

"Alone? In a time like this? Are you mad?" She frowned.

"Possibly." He mumbled.

"Why did you not tell me about this? I would've joined you, and would've fought by your side if needed to."

"I did not think your presence was necessary."

"That was a reckless move. You put yourself in danger. You're lucky you've survived. I should've come with you."

He sighed and stopped walking, slowly getting frustrated. "You would've been in danger as well, I will not take the risk for that to happen."

And something had clicked in Nolahni's mind. Perhaps it was because she knew Loki better than anyone, being his best friend and wife at the same time. Perhaps it was because she had grown up with a brother very much like the man she loved on the attitude. Eder, God of Chaos, was a trickster as well, his principal hobby was to deceive.

So at that moment, the Novarkian knew her husband was lying to her face without an ounce of shame. Sure, he would've been worried of her safety, he always have been ever since he got her Loragon. But that was not the reason he did not want her there.

Loki could feel himself get nervous under her intense stare but did not let anything show on the outside. She slowly shook her head in disappointment.

"Don't go soft on me Loki. As the God of Lies, I would have expected you to come up with something better." She walked away, heard him call her name, but she used her magic to appear elsewhere in the castle.

The rest of her day was spent with the Asgardian warriors. She watched them train and trained by their side. She helped the general with his fighting strategies. Novarkians had a different approach from Asgardians, but both worked well, and together it worked even better. All the while, she could feel piercing eyes burning her skin.

That night, when she went back into Loki's chambers, she was met with his figure already standing in the middle of the room.

"Can we talk?" He asked.

"Sure." She nodded.

Nolahni approached him and stood in front of him, waiting for him to say something. But he didn't.

"You wanted to talk, then talk. Why won't you?"

"I was not actually expecting you to agree, I thought you'd tell me 'no, I will talk and you will listen' and then start yelling at me. But I guess I should stop trying to foresee your reactions, you always manage to suprise me." He rambled.

She couldn't stop the small smile that made its way to her lips. Loki was talkative. Of course, Thor was too, but he was more the type of person who'd be loud, keep conversations alive. Loki loved to talk. And he was eloquent too sometimes.

"So you do not have anything to say?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know what to say." He corrected.

"Why don't you start by telling me what you are hiding?"

"I can't. Not yet." He shook his head and looked down.

Nolahni stared at him for a few seconds. She knew she needed to be patient with him, but things were tense. Yet if it was something she should know, he would tell her immediately, right?

"Just promise me something." He looked up. "Don't do anything stupid."

"Never."

[>>]

The very next day

"I cannot believe you would do something so stupid!" She scolded her husband.

She had watched with him how the Warriors Three and Sif had left Asgard, and she had watched Loki send the Destroyer after them and she was currently following him up the stairs of the palace. He turned to face her by the entrance, and she was pretty sure she had never seen him this angry.

"What they did was an act of treason. They deserve their punishment." His voice was cold, tone harsh.

"Sending the Destroyer on Midgard! Loki, innocent people could die!" She tried to reason with him before it was too late.

"Anyone who will take their side, will also be considered a traitor." He spat and left for the Observatory.

She had watched him turn Heimdall into a frozen statue as he tried to harm Loki. She scoffed in disbelief. What was he doing?

Nolahni kept asking herself that, when she watched Loki return to his throne, his horned headdress now laying on his head, as he seemed to be controlling the Destroyer.

"Don't hurt him." She told him.

And she saw him hesitate before he swung his arm. And she knew she had lost her best friend.

With a gasp, she ran out of the throne room. Tears about to fall out but she held them in. She first went to get her dragon, telling it to battle against the enemy, telling it to protect the people of Asgard. And she then joined Frigga in front of a sleeping and vulnerable Odin.

"What happened?" She asked the younger woman, but neither of them had time to say anything else before shouts of guards outside and the sound of a battle echoed in the room.

Frigga took a sword, and Nolahni made her own appear in her hand as they both hid, readying themselves to fight any potential attackers.

"Oh, Loki, you better have a good explanation for whatever in Hel is going on." Nolahni had muttered under her breath.

|●|

This one is shorter than the others, pretty uninteresting.

Only one chapter left of Thor 1, and then we'll get into the Avengers era, meaning Sapphire and Amethyst will finally collide.