● 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ●

|

𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐒𝐔𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

|

Midgard

Midgard

During the few hours that followed, Nolahni and Thor had met a handful of people while being escorted, alongside a handcuffed Loki, to a place the Midgardians seemed to call "Helicarrier". They were impressed by the technology the humans had, it easily replaced magic, made things more accessible.

The Novarkian ended up finding the company of a young blonde woman pleasing, and was delighted to have her by her side most of the time. She was humorous and patient. Any question Nolahni had, Julianne would answer the best she could.

"I might have made my first Midgardian friend!" She had whispered excitedly to Thor.

But no matter how impressed she was and how excited she felt, she couldn't ignore the grave situation. They still had no idea where the Tesseract was.

Watching the screen that showed Loki in a large glass cell carefully, Nolahni made her way to the man with the hidden eye, the one that she knew as Director Fury.

"Excuse me, sir?" She faced him.

"What?" He raised an eyebrow at her.

"Do you happen to have..." She turned to Julianne who was sitting a bit further. "What did you say you called those?" She pointed at the screen.

Julianne deadpanned. "Um.. Screen? Camera? Computer? Footage?"

The brunette in the armor turned back to Fury. "Right. Footage. Do you happen to have the footage of when he came to your planet?"

"Yes. Why?"

She stared at the screen showing her husband with a frown. "Something doesn't feel right. I would just like to understand."

Seeing as the S.H.I.E.L.D director was about to refuse, the young Stark decided to interfere. "Come on, Nick, she knows him better than we do. Maybe she'll see something in his actions that will help us out."

"Don't call me that, nobody calls me that. You don't call me that. I ain't your friend." The man pointed his finger at the girl.

"You're breaking my heart." She pouted.

He rolled his eye and turned back to the half-Asgardian. "I'll get an agent to show you the footage, or what's left of it." Then he left.

Nolahni didn't understand what the man meant until she saw the footage suddenly cut after Loki was leaving with other men in something she learnt to be a vehicle.

She asked the man sitting there to show it again and he obliged. Then she started touching the screen where her husband was standing.

"What are you doing?" The man had asked her.