● 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ●

|

𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄: 𝐌𝐘 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆

|

Asgard

Asgard

"And that's pretty much what happened." Nolahni had told Frigga of their adventures in Jotunheim while the Queen was braiding her long hair. She was now in a more casual attire.

"You said Loki had been acting strangely ever since you've been back?" Frigga asked with a frown, moving to face the Novarkian.

"Yes, at first I thought he was bruised, but he was simply staring at his unharmed skin, confused." She looked up to watch Frigga's reaction. "You know something."

"I do." She sighed.

"What's wrong? Will he be alright?" The princess stood up from her seat, worried.

"This matter concerns his origins--" She was interrupted by guards arriving in and kneeling before their Queen.

"Allmother, our apologies for barging in."

"What's the matter?"

"The Allfather has fallen into the Odinsleep."

And that's how Nolahni was leaning against a wall, outside the Allfather's chambers, waiting patiently for a sign or for someone to fill her in. As far as she knew, a few guards, Frigga, Loki and herself knew of Odin's condition.

She wondered, what could have possibly caused him to fall into the Odinsleep? She knew Loki was with him, and she had a feeling it concerned what she and Frigga were talking about earlier.

Her thoughts were interrupted by armored footsteps. She stood up straight upon seeing the Einherjar guards, the one leading holding Gungnir and entering the room. She glanced at the guards who were positioned in front of the door then peeked into the room. Her eyes met Loki's tense ones. She frowned, what was happening?

"Thor is banished. The line of succession falls to you. Until he awakens, Asgard is yours." Frigga announced.

Loki glanced back to his mother and Nolahni followed his gaze. Frigga was sitting by Odin's side. It was strange, seeing a being as powerful as him so vulnerable. She wondered if she would feel that way if it was her father in his place.

She was as shocked as the God of Mischief when the Einherjar guard kneeled in front of Loki, offering him the spear. The Novarkian saw the hesitation in his eyes, and she wondered. All this time, she had witnessed Loki being treated unfairly in comparison with Thor, he was so envious, but then again, how could he not be? But did he truly want the throne?

"Make your father proud." Frigga talked again. Upon hearing this, he reached out tentatively, and took the spear off the guard's hands, assimilating the feeling of being now, King of Asgard.