55

Chapter Fifty-Five

BREAKFAST HAD BEEN very awkward the next morning. Everyone had been woken by a curse that made all the portraits sing at their highest note. Aria had woken up in a mood, which had not been improved upon looking across the hall and seeing George helping the girl from the day before up onto her feet.

She felt jealously surge through her body at high speeds and turned to kick Malfoy. "Wake up you rat."

He groaned and held his stomach, "Merlin, Snape. If you want to get in all you had to do was ask." He held out his arm and opened up the sleeping bag a little.

"No!" She exclaimed and rolled her eyes. "Get up. It's almost breakfast and they want the hall cleared."

He stood up a moment later, messy and scruffy from his sleep.

"Nice hair." Aria chuckled and watched in amusement as his hands raced to smooth out the blond strands that were standing static atop his head.

She made her way to the common room, Draco trailing sleepily behind her and Anna at her side.

"That was fun." Her friend groaned sarcastically, placing a hand on her back and stretching. "Think I broke my back, Madam Pomfrey is going to have to take a look."

Aria smiled at her best friend as they made their way up to their dorm room to get dressed.

Matilda was also there and they had passed Madison on the way up. Aria made a point to ignore both of them.

"Heard about what you did to that third year yesterday, Aria," Matilda muttered as she finished brushing her hair.

"Yes and I suggest you stop talking to me unless you want to be next." Aria snapped back, suddenly remembering that the Gryffindor girl was to be her next victim. Matilda would have to wait her turn.

She muttered something under her breath and left the room in a hurry, much to Aria's delight.

"Why do you do that?" Anna emerged from her cupboard.

"Do what?"

"That. You just threatened her for no reason."

"It wasn't no reason. That pest has been horrible to me since we met. You should be asking Matilda why she wants to be threatened."

Anna sighed in defeat and changed the subject. "I heard you talking to Malfoy last night."

Aria felt her cheeks heat up. "What did you hear?"

"Not much, I stopped listening after you said he kissed you. Well, I fell asleep actually."

"Oh, he did kiss me." She confirmed.

"And?"

"And what? I told him to piss off."

Anna sent her best friend a suspicious glance. "Of course you did. Honestly though," she fell onto her bed and giggled, "He's not that terrible to look at. I can see why all the third-year girls like him."

"You can? All I see is a little boy that pays too much attention to his hair."

"Well, I wouldn't mind getting a piece of that." She sighed, "But I know he's all yours."

"What in Merlin's name are you talking about, Anna?"

"You're telling me there's nothing between you two? Nothing at all?" She raised her eyebrow.

"There's not. He's a third-year, he's like two years younger than me that would just be weird." Her face scrunched in disgust at the thought.

"And if he wasn't? Say he was also in the fifth year?"