01

Chapter One

ARIA HAD JUST stepped onto the Hogwarts Express, thrilled to start her third year. Her father, Professor Snape would have taken her himself if not for some suspicious business he had to attend to. He had vaguely mentioned that he would see her at the school.

Aria's best friend, Annabelle jumped into view and raced straight into her arms. "Aria!" She squealed. "Did you hear the news?"

"What news?" She shook her head.

"Harry Potter is on the train!" Her voice went into a high-pitched whisper, although judging by the buzz of excited murmurs, everyone already knew.

"The Harry Potter?" Her father had never taken kindly to Aria's strange obsession with the boy who lived. He neglected to tell her anything about him at all and so she sought out the knowledge by herself.

She recalled the first time that she had ever mentioned him to her father. It had been when she was in her first year at Hogwarts. It was a Friday afternoon and she had gone to his classroom for their weekly catch-up session when she had brought him up. Her father's face had gone pale and an expression of sorrow mixed with anger showed. "Never. Never mention that boy again!" He had snapped.

And that was the last time she had ever said anything about the famous boy.

Anna nodded furiously. "Let's go change into our robes, maybe we'll get to see him!"

As the pair walked through the train, Aria noticed a few familiar people in her year, although they were not friends. Aria didn't have many friends - she was too intimidating and rather rude. Anna however looked past all of that and forced her way into Aria's life.

"Would you look at that." Anna stopped so suddenly that Aria bumped into the back of her.

"What did you bloody stop for?" She snapped. Aria had been so busy searching for Harry Potter that she didn't see her best friend's sudden halt.

"That boy. The one with the blonde hair. You know who he looks like?"

Aria stared to her left and saw a small blonde boy with an obnoxious grin on his face. She only had to see the smug expression to know exactly who's son that was. "I'm assuming he's a Malfoy."

"As do I. You think he's as horrible as his father?"

"Lucius?" Lucius Malfoy had never been particularly rude to Aria, she had only been to his Manor a handful of times when she needed to be babysat and that was so many years ago. Her judgment of him could have been clouded by her love for Narcissa.

"Yes. He's really horrible to my father. I absolutely hate him."

"Well if he turns out to be rude we can always hex him up good."

Anna nodded in delight and continued down the corridor.

They were almost to the bathroom with no sign of Harry Potter when Anna stopped yet again.

"If you keep on stopping-"

"He's there!"

Aria turned to see him. At first, she wasn't convinced by the scrawny-looking first year with cracked glasses, however, upon closer inspection the scar under his weird fringe became visible. "It is!" She whispered excitedly.

There was an annoying-looking ginger opposite him - presumably a Weasley - who had dirt on his face, but Harry was much more interesting to behold.

She had expected him to look different.

It was obvious that he was put off by the two girls staring so intently into his compartment and so Aria pushed Anna along, sparing a wave in his direction to which he returned with a confused smile.

"I hope he's in Slytherin like us!" Anna chimed.

Aria agreed and followed Anna into the bathroom. "Do you know what your father will be teaching this year?"

Aria shrugged. "He's been going on about Defense Against The Dark Arts for ages, I hope he gets the position this year. For the sake of my ears at least." She chuckled but putting up with his constant complaining really was a strain. "But he didn't say much else about what he'll be teaching, no."

"You mean he didn't tell you?"

Aria shook her head. Her father didn't tell her much, in fact, they barely had proper conversations anymore besides the occasional chat during dinner time. Either he was too busy or just didn't care enough. Regardless, Aria was hurt by his negligence when it came to her.

And as she adjusted her green tie and pulled her socks up to her knees, the familiar feeling that surrounded the school enveloped her. With the boy who lived on the train, it was sure to be an interesting year to come.

❁۪

How did you like the first chapter?

Leave your thoughts down below!

xoxo