100

Quick A/N

So hey :) just wanted to let you know that I am aware this book is really long and as I'm revising the beginning chapters I'm realizing that they're really short so I plan to combine a few so that it ends up having fewer chapters and fewer, longer ones. (Although I HATE extra long chapters!)
Please let me know what your preferences are, do you mind longer fanfics or do you solely prefer the short ones?

Also, I was reading another Draco fic earlier and for some reason, I felt animosity towards the OC and was like "nope, Draco loves Aria." As if she's like his only s/o lmao I think I'm a little obsessed :0

Anyways, happy reading please remember to vote!
-

Chapter One Hundred

ARIA HAD ALMOST finished unpacking all of her boxes. She knew that it was long overdue, but being a Professor was a full-time job and it wasn't even her job yet. Although her father did let her teach a fair amount of the classes.

She only had one box left to unpack and she was dreading this one. She knew that inside it was a small memory box and everything she had left of George.

It was better to get it over with.

At least, that's what she was repeatedly telling herself as she emptied the contents of the box onto her lap.

Considering she had ended things with him, she assumed that she wouldn't be sad about it, but there were days when she did miss him and days when she barely remembered they had ever been together.

However, as she picked through the things on her lap, countless memories flooded through her head. There was a small bag of birdseed from when he had turned her father into a canary. A clipping on the Slytherin Weekly popped up next, the one about them kissing - that had been the beginning of everything.

Next, there were countless souvenirs from Egypt. A few photos (which she immediately set alight), a bunch of rocks, a vial of sand, and the newspaper clipping of her and the Weasleys. Thinking of Egypt brought back countless memories, many of which pained her to remember. A few tears slipped down her cheeks.

There was a flower he had picked her on the night of the Yule Ball that she had pressed and kept. It was withered and old, but still beautiful.

One of his Gryffindor ties was in that box, she remembered all too well how she had come to be in possession of that. However, the sock with gold and red stripes that she pulled out next she did not remember at all.

She had a few of his "tricks" in her box as well, things that he now sold at the shop. Those she dumped. They held no good memories.

And last but not least lay the beautiful ring that he had given her. It seemed so innocent laying on her gray skirt surrounded by grains of sand.

It evoked a strange pain inside of Aria's chest that she did not like one bit and so she did the only thing that seemed right. She sealed the ring into a small envelope, scribbled George's name on the front, and sent it off with an owl, back to its rightful owner.

And with that, she was finally rid of him. Sure, she would keep the small things to look back on in fifty years, but that was that. He was gone and Aria didn't know how she felt about that.

ϟ

A day had passed since Aria had finished unpacking. Many students were at Hogsmeade and so the corridors were virtually empty apart from the first and second years as well as some professors.