83

Chapter Eighty-Three

"MORNING, ARTHUR."

"MORNING Bob."

Aria watched as the short man shuffled past them.

The ministry was a funny place, busy in some places, absolutely empty in others. The low buzz of voices could be heard from everywhere, though.

It was the day of Harry's hearing and Aria had insisted that she be present. While she, Harry, and Arthur walked along pathways that she was unfamiliar with, the sight of deadly straight blond hair caught her eyes.

She glared at Lucius Malfoy as he spoke in hushed tones to Fudge, only stopping when his eyes landed on Aria. "I'll be back." She mumbled to Harry and Arthur, they nodded but didn't stop.

She greeted Fudge, smiling falsely. After all, he had been saying some rather rude bits and pieces about Harry, and Aria would not stand for it, but she couldn't exactly express her distaste for the minister in the ministry.

"Aria." Lucius greeted monotonously, his hands tightening around his walking stick.

"Lucius."

"You seem well."

"Not exactly. Not since the incident."

"Aah, yes. That poor boy dying right before your eyes, although it does seem that both Mr. Potter and yourself are exaggerating, mmm?"

She rolled her eyes. "Perhaps, but I know what I saw. You were in the graveyard. I saw you, Lucius."

"Your eyes must be deceiving you." He brushed her comment off and looked to the side.

"I am not stupid."

With a quick scan of the perimeter, Lucius glared down at her and admitted. "You aren't and I can't lie to you. I must say you are quite the brave one for defying the Dark Lord's wishes."

"Thank you." Aria smiled when he admitted to being there. "I-"

"Or very stupid." He added. "No one defies him and what he wants. The ones who do end up dead and personally, for the sake of my son and wife, I would prefer if you did not die."

She smirked. "Aww, you care about me?" Aria cooed.

Lucius grimaced at her, sighing. "My, how quiet things have been without you back at the Manor." He held out his hand. "Care to accompany me back?"

Aria glanced in the direction in which Harry had left and then to Lucius's gloved palm. The hearing was not supposed to be for another two hours at least. She had time.

"I can not stay for long."

"Of course. A more private place to discuss things, mmm?"

Aria nodded and grabbed onto his hand as he apparated them back to his house. Once they had arrived and Aria had swallowed the risen contents of her guts, she realized just how much she had missed the place.

Not only the place but the people who lived there. Narcissa was sitting on the couch, reading the latest paper. A smile spread across her face as she saw Aria and reached out to hug her. "We've missed you here."

"I've missed you too." She mumbled into Narcissa's hair, squeezing her just that much tighter.

"Draco will be happy to see you." She said, turning the page of her paper.

"I'll be happy to see who?" Draco came into the lounge and stopped when he saw her. "Aria."

The two shared a second of eye contact, only broken when Lucius cleared his throat.