17

New cover!! Tell me what you think

Please remember to tap that star and give it a vote :)

Chapter Seventeen

ARIA SAT ALONE on the Hogwarts Express, a few tears streaming down her face as she silently sobbed - the aftermath of a recent fight with her father.

She had been waiting for him so that they could leave together and he had screamed at her, told her to get out and leave his sight, and said how she better not disappoint at Hogwarts. He had done this all in a very harsh tone.

Aria didn't know what she had done to incite such anger in him. They hadn't even celebrated Christmas.

December twenty-fifth had been a nightmare. There were no presents, no tree, and most certainly no treacle tart. He had been in such a mood that Aria was afraid to breathe wrong.

Christmas was never a huge deal in the Snape household, but it was a lot worse this year than it had ever been before.

Aria rubbed her eyes as more tears came out. She didn't want anyone passing by to see her crying. It would completely ruin her reputation.

She stared out of the window and watched the scenery flash by, only to be interrupted from her solemn thoughts when somebody knocked on the compartment door.

She turned and scowled at them. "Oh, Hermione." Aria felt instantly bad for glaring at her so horribly and stood up and let her in.

"Aria, I'm sorry. There was no space left. Harry and... Are you okay?" Her face went soft, concern laced in her brown eyes as she saw Aria's red face.

"Of course I am." Aria snapped but avoided making eye contact in fear of crying again.

"But you've been crying."

"Did you come in here to annoy me and insinuate stupid guesses?" Aria snapped back and folded her arms over her chest in defiance.

She sighed. "You don't need to be so mean and you don't need to hide your feelings from me. I'm your friend, Aria."

"You're a first-year Gryffindor." Aria snorted. "We're not friends."

"You saved my life. I think that obligates us to be at least acquaintances." Hermione let out a light-hearted laugh.

Aria grumbled. Anyone would have left after how she had snapped, but Hermione was persistent.

"It won't happen again," Aria assured her angrily and sat down.

"It doesn't have to, but I owe you."

"No, you do not. Now please, just get out."

She sat down opposite Aria. "I'm not leaving you when you're like this."

"Well, I'm not going to acknowledge you."

A few moments of silence past and Aria began to feel slightly bad for being so short with Hermione. She glanced at the first year and sighed. Hermione was sitting so innocently, swinging her legs to-and-fro as she was not yet tall enough to have them touch the floor. "How was your Christmas?" Aria turned to face her.

A smile immediately formed on Hermione's face as she adjusted her seating position. "Absolutely amazing! I'm so glad you asked. We did so many things, my whole family came over. Everyone wanted to hear about my magic school." She giggled. "My aunt was a bit skeptical, but we eventually managed to convince her. It took ages for the whole family to arrive, though. Holiday traffic is horrendous."

"Why didn't they apparent or something?"

"They're muggles, Aria."

"Oh, right..." Aria had assumed that Hermione was at least a half-blood, but finding out that she was muggle-born had been a huge shock.

Being seen with a first-year Gryffindor was bad, but add muggle born to that list and you had complete chaos.

Not to mention how she planned to go public with Cedric.

Her reputation would be in the dirt! She would be the laughing stock of the whole school.

Hermione continued to babble on, mentioning something about dentists, whatever that was. "I'm sorry, Hermione, but I have to go and change into my robes." She politely excused herself.

It was all too much. How far could Aria really go over the line before she became one big scandal who was sent to Durmstrang?

Her father was not going to be happy about Cedric. She expected the rest of her house would have the same reaction.

The train came to a stop once she had finished changing. Aria looked into the mirror and frowned. She was a mess and her hair looked like a bird's nest. Her face was red and puffy as well.

Oh well. She thought and headed out.

People were lining up to exit and just in front of her was Malfoy. She did need to speak to him.

"Malfoy." He flinched as she rested her hand on his shoulder.

"Snape?"

"What happened between our fathers?"

"Our fathers? What are you talking about?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. I suggest you tell me because thanks to your father, mine has been in a horrendous mood ever since we were at your place."

He shrugged. "How am I supposed to know? As if my father tells me anything."

Aria let his words sunk in. He was right. Both of them were completely in the dark.

Draco looked her up and down, disgust evident on his face. "Fix your hair." He said before leaving the train.

Aria followed him out and spotted Annabelle nearby.

Professor Snape had told her to stay away from Anna. She was going to do the opposite.

"Anna," Aria mumbled as she walked closer to her.

Anna glared. "Aria."

Aria wanted to smack herself for what she was about to do, but it was necessary. "I'm sorry." The words physically pained her to say.

Annabelle's face softened and a smile spread across her face. "I've missed you." She pulled Aria into a hug. "Let's go catch up, I have lots to tell you."

So Aria followed her to their dorm room and nodded along to everything Anna said, pretending to care. She was still on her To Hex list, along with the majority of the school, including her father.

This was just something to tick him off before she got her real revenge.